Help, Veiled Chameleon egg laying complications

ngtwolf8

Stacy has abandoned the hole she started and now has been walking around the tops of her room with eggs and a bloody sac hanging from her. What can I do? All vets that care for exotics are closed in my area until the morning.

Attachments

• 20231119_145333.jpg
    20231119_145333.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 23
I’m not a vet and I’ve never personally dealt with this before but I would treat this as a hemipene prolapse. I’ll find some info for you and share it. One second.

Last edited:
Ok this is a video on a male prolapse, this isn't going to be handled the same way obviously, but what I would do is keep the prolapse moist with sugar water or KY Jelly (no sent or flavor obviously) and then I would wrap the prolapse up against her body similar to what you see near the end of the video.

Keep in mind that I have never handled something like this before, this is just what I would do if this were my girl. If someone on here responds with experience and suggest something else because my advice isn't good for whatever reason, then go with what they say.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you and your beautiful girl. It is imperative that she sees a vet ASAP. If you can even find an ER vet that would be willing to look at her that might be something rather than waiting until morning.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh! Poor sweet girl! Soak her in room temp sugar water to try and reduce it and apply KY jelly to keep it moist. Somehow find a way to wrap it gently against her with something clean and put her in a hospital bin…just a big bin with a small plant and branch or vine to grip onto. No need to worry about heat or uvb…just make sure she can’t climb out or around much. She needs emergency care asap. @elizaann2 can you provide your vet list please? Please keep us updated on her.

Back
Top Bottom