HELP! veiled Cham burn?

Plain duck

I got my female veiled cham (Jude) September 24 2020 she is my first ever cham, she has been eating, pooping, drinking, and shedding perfectly up until this point. Jude has a black line along her spine aswell as a small black spot on her back leg, where the black line on her spine is her spikes are a lot smaller and there is stuck shed. After reading I think it’s a burn and I am fixing the lighting currently so it won’t happen again however, Although she is acting her usual self I’m worried about infection, stuck shed, and if she is in pain. Is there anything I can do about the stuck shed or to help this heal? Do you think this is a burn? I haven’t been to a vet because the closest one is 2 hours away I’m sorry about my terminology.

Attachments

• DDC5E7BF-D3E4-4C56-960A-8169FE45060A.jpeg
    DDC5E7BF-D3E4-4C56-960A-8169FE45060A.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 37F0B8CA-11CB-4C1D-83FB-A02B34BB7D52.jpeg
    37F0B8CA-11CB-4C1D-83FB-A02B34BB7D52.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 172
  • 86A31949-DE00-403F-BF93-1E21FF9EA1F0.jpeg
    86A31949-DE00-403F-BF93-1E21FF9EA1F0.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 174
Looks like a thermal burn to me. Along that lower part of her spine. You can tell because of the scales next to the spine. The color is not right for it being just a shed. You would want to get silver sulfadiazine cream from the vet to treat the burn and any underlying infection before it progresses. She may loose part of her scales that stick up along the spine depending on how bad the thermal burn is.

What about the spot on her leg @Beman
Looks like it could be as well. I wish it was a closer view of the leg. It does appear in one of the pics that the burn to the spine is more on the left side then the right. But the spot on the leg is on the right. So if they appeared at the same time then burn and she just switched her positioning.

Thank you I will try
Looks like a thermal burn to me. Along that lower part of her spine. You can tell because of the scales next to the spine. The color is not right for it being just a shed. You would want to get silver sulfadiazine cream from the vet to treat the burn and any underlying infection before it progresses. She may loose part of her scales that stick up along the spine depending on how bad the thermal burn is.

Thank you I will try
In the mean time... And this is not advised long term at all. Get regular neosporin WITHOUT the pain reliever. Your going to apply it gently with a qtip. Not a ton because you do not want it everywhere in her cage but a thin layer. I would not use this long term because you really want the silver sulfadiazine cream because it will treat any underlying infection and it is specific for burn use. But if it is going to take a few days to get her into a vet then this is a good option for the interim.

In the mean time... And this is not advised long term at all. Get regular neosporin WITHOUT the pain reliever. Your going to apply it gently with a qtip. Not a ton because you do not want it everywhere in her cage but a thin layer. I would not use this long term because you really want the silver sulfadiazine cream because it will treat any underlying infection and it is specific for burn use. But if it is going to take a few days to get her into a vet then this is a good option for the interim.
Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom