HELP update

So, I am very confused because when I picked him up the little black dot that was on his thigh was stuck to his belly and then it fell off back onto his thigh, I thought that maybe I was mistaken, so I checked, and it came right off, there is no substrate in his enclosure so I don't know if it was dirt or something, it was not a parasite that's for sure.
When I took it off he seemed a little more energetic and he was opening his eyes more, he showed a little tiny bit more interest in the food but he still won't eat, what should I do?
Should I take him to the vet, or is that not needed?

Whatever you do, your chameleon needs help as soon as possible or you’re going to lose it.

If you take it to a vet, it needs to be a good chameleon exotics vet.…and it needs to be asap…fast. That would be its best chance.

I was trying to help you get on the right track, but I need specific honest answers to the questions I asked…and even then I'm not a vet so I don’t have all the answers...and you will still likely need to see a vet.

It’s easier for us to follow what’s happening if you keep it all in the same thread instead of starting a new thread.

Just adding- In your last post "HELP" there are 4 pictures. Is there substrate in the green container? That might be your black dot culprit.

I’m going to try to say this as sweetly as I can, as I am in no way trying to be mean, but I need to be factual. Your chameleon needs correct uvb - the long T5 fixture with a 5.0 or 6% uvb bulb, like this. https://www.chewy.com/zoo-med-repti...ignid}&utm_content=Zoo Med&utm_term={keyword} This is essential and the screw in bulb can’t even come close to providing the needed uvb levels. You need to remove that drinking fountain. It’s a big risk for respiratory and other infections as it seems to be where your chameleon poops. You need to be using the correct supplements - caclcium without D3 for every feeding and then a combination D3/multivitamin for one feeding every two weeks. You need to have everything else correct too. Your chameleon does not look good - is underweight and looks to be getting metabolic bone disease. Mbd isn’t just about weak bones. Let me explain this to you as simply as I can. All bodies (human and animal) need calcium to build bones, move muscles and for our nerves to communicate and work. Calcium alone isn’t enough though. We need vitamin D3 in order to be able to use the calcium. Without it, we pretty much just pee out the calcium. We get vitamin D3 from being outside in the sun, dietary supplements and certain kinds of uvb lights. Have you noticed on all milk containers it says, ‘contains vitamin D’ or something like that? Vitamin D3 is the type of supplement that if given too much, it stays in the body and can cause an overdose of it, which is just as deadly as not having enough of the vitamin. Neither of these are ‘good’ ways to pass away. They are painful and are slow. I believe that you are starting to see the early signs of this - not wanting to eat, eyes closed during the day, stunted growth and looks like some deformities starting on his arms/legs. We have told you what you need to do to prevent all of this and keep your chameleon healthy. You need one of your parents or other responsible adult in your life to help you. These are challenging animals for adults who have resources and support to care for. I don’t know what else I can say. If your parent(s) aren’t wanting or able to help, then it would be best for you to give your chameleon to a rescue. I’m sorry if that seems mean but it is the truth as I see it.

Back
Top Bottom