Help...temp for my baby chameleon.

for now though you can probably keep whem together for the next few months but have those cages on hand for when they're bigger

I'm not a breeder, but I thought baby chameleons weren't supposed to be kept with any heat? Just around room temp or so? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Also I wouldnt even consider a nighttime heat source unless it dropped under 50. My cham room regularly gets to 50s and the Parsons even occasionally high 40s during winter.

I'm not a breeder, but I thought baby chameleons weren't supposed to be kept with any heat? Just around room temp or so? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Also I wouldnt even consider a nighttime heat source unless it dropped under 50. My cham room regularly gets to 50s and the Parsons even occasionally high 40s during winter.
the care sheets say about 80 to 85 right??? im not sure because im not a breeder either but yea

"Baby/juvenile (<9 months): ambient 72-80F (22-26C), basking 85F (29C)" this is what the care sheet says

The caresheets are aimed at the average keeper with a chameleon a few months old. A few days old need to be approached with more caution and specialized care
very true, chameleons are finicky, its hard to keep babies but yea 3 days old man they must be tiny

You can provide some heat. I keep my babies in my insect room which is around 78 without additional heat, however the lights provide a bit extra heat for them. You should also get a tub for them and keep them in there. You can house them together until they are eating 1/4" crickets. Then move them to a screen cage. If you put them in a screen cage now and feed them pinheads or fruit flies you will have a lot of feeders escaping.

Back
Top Bottom