Help... Something is wrong with my chameleon

Hi guys... Here's the problem, I haven't had the money to get crickets for 2 weeks so I kept feeding him meal worms. I know it's bad but it's the only food I had available. After the 2 weeks past I finally bought crickets but he won't eat any of them. Someone told me he might be on a hunger strike? I don't know. Anyways its been a week after I bought the crickets and still he won't eat. I even tried offering meal worms and he won't eat that either... Can anyone help me with this cause I'm starting to get very worried oh and he has this weird looking bruise on both front arms. I'll show pic after I come home from Cali. I taught him how to drink still water, is that bad?

If he's learned to drink from a bowl, that's not bad. I do think you need to fill in the How To Ask For Help info.

Pictures are good.

It's possible he's just pouting over the lack of his nice fatty meal worms....

If it were me, I would cut him off completely for 3 days...no food for you!!! Then give him crickets.

We've seen stories here of chameleons not eating for weeks, so don't worry overly unless he starts to look thin.

I would try feeding some silk worms and horn worms and give him long warm mistings for like 20 minutes to 1/2 hr. If he continues sleeping during the day a vet visit may be necessary. How are his temps?

I would try feeding some silk worms and horn worms and give him long warm mistings for like 20 minutes to 1/2 hr. If he continues sleeping during the day a vet visit may be necessary. How are his temps?
The temps are fine the problem is that he won't eat... He's like on a hunger strike or something. I don't know

Do you exclusively cup feed? My female veil went on cup strike for a while, though it turned out to be because she was growing eggs. I had no choice but to dust the crickets, offer a cup, then let them go wild in the cage. She would eat most of them at her own pace. She is slowly accepting the cup again, now that the eggs are past us.

Have you tried that?

Hi guys... Here's the problem, I haven't had the money to get crickets for 2 weeks so I kept feeding him meal worms. I know it's bad but it's the only food I had available. After the 2 weeks past I finally bought crickets but he won't eat any of them. Someone told me he might be on a hunger strike? I don't know. Anyways its been a week after I bought the crickets and still he won't eat. I even tried offering meal worms and he won't eat that either... Can anyone help me with this cause I'm starting to get very worried oh and he has this weird looking bruise on both front arms. I'll show pic after I come home from Cali. I taught him how to drink still water, is that bad?

Is he well hydrated?
COuld you answer completely the "how to ask for help" questionaire please?

Back
Top Bottom