HELP something is wrong with chams eye

just now i went to check up on my chameleon and noticed something is seriously wrong with his eye the outer part is puffed while inner part is concaved.. what can i do in the meantime until i can take him to the vet?
08C9A4BC-E372-43FA-B77F-E1AE8E8AB71F.jpeg

Did this just appear or has it slowly been swelling ?
What supplements are you using and there schedule ?

First time i have seen it, i use zoo med cal no d3 every feeding and repashy calcium lod 2 times a month (one with jacksons chameleon on label)
If it appeared that rapidly I would think injury. It could still possibly be infection of some sort. I would continue with the supplements and schedule until the vet can diagnose the issue and go from there.

I think it could be some sort of vitamin defficency but i have never seen a chameleons eye in that shape before on the forum.
Normally eye issues due to vitamin deficiencies or over dosing don't just appear. Here's a link to just a few eye issues to read but do not try treating on your own !!!

Something is seriously wrong here... If you look at the entire image... Cheeks and casque are extremely caved in as well. That left front arm looks swollen like you would see with gout.

What does the other side of his head look like?

Try to get in with a reptile vet asap.

I went to the vet just now the vet said it looked like an infection so prescribed eye drops the eye looks a lot less swollen than before. Also in the photo i asked the vet about the arm but it is just the photo that looks like it is swollen.

I went to the vet just now the vet said it looked like an infection so prescribed eye drops the eye looks a lot less swollen than before. Also in the photo i asked the vet about the arm but it is just the photo that looks like it is swollen.
Well hopefully that helps and he gets better. I really do not like the look of how concave his face and casque is in that pic. Normally this is not a good sign with chams.

Do you think he could be underweight or something else? he is around 165 grams not sure cuz it varies from cham to cham

He eats quite well, i have been trying to get him to gain abit
I would love to see pics of both sides of the face and body now. You have posted pics before and his face never looked concave as it does in the pic above. Typically we see this in chams that are declining and it does not relate to their weight but to their health.

I would love to see pics of both sides of the face and body now. You have posted pics before and his face never looked concave as it does in the pic above. Typically we see this in chams that are declining and it does not relate to their weight but to their health.
I will try send them tommorow as it is night for me now

i think the wollen eye has definetly gotten alot better from the first image i sent, but i have a few other concerns as he still has the papiloma wart from way before but it hasnt seem to affect him but i think he has had another growth in front of his head also under the eye it seems to be discoloured so i also want to ask about that. And on his right arm he had a black scab that fell off and is what you can see on the arm. Hope these photos help you work out whats wrong.
01C121C1-41DD-42DD-956E-783356F06452.jpeg
AE7B9147-51C4-4A65-89A5-30CDAFF62327.jpeg

That bump between his eyes looks like something you’ll want a vet to check. It may be an abscess, which will need to be opened and cleaned out by your vet. Chameleon pus is thick like cottage cheese and won’t go away on it’s own. Any idea what the black scab was from? Do you feed crickets? Any chance one escaped into his enclosure and bit him while he slept? Also curious if you are using any bee pollen.

That bump between his eyes looks like something you’ll want a vet to check. It may be an abscess, which will need to be opened and cleaned out by your vet. Chameleon pus is thick like cottage cheese and won’t go away on it’s own. Any idea what the black scab was from? Do you feed crickets? Any chance one escaped into his enclosure and bit him while he slept? Also curious if you are using any bee pollen.
I just went to the vet yesterday 😬 I hand feed when feeding crickets the scab after it fell off never seemed to effect him at all. And for the bee pollen no i dont use it

Back
Top Bottom