Help sexing bearded pygmy???

Chameleon42

I bought a trio, which was ment to be 2 females and 1 male.

I know for sure 1 is female, but i am unsure about the other 2. I have read and reread the pygmy sexing articles, but still cannot be sure. I am asking because, I don't want to put to males in the same tank.

So here you go:

The first three are of Pygmy #1 and the last two are of pygmy #2

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1026.jpg
    IMG_1026.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_1028.jpg
    IMG_1028.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_1029.jpg
    IMG_1029.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_1040.jpg
    IMG_1040.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 198
second appears to be male based on raised ridge on the back, more raised ridging around eyes, and longer tail evident by the tip curling under. These are the markers I use to sex my brevs, and sexed correctly 3 clutches of my own and countless brevs belonging to others.

Thanks!

The first would not stay still for a photo,
But do you think you can make it out?
I was told it was female , but I'm not sure.

Thanks for you help!

#1 female
#2 female? It has a thicker tail base than I'd expect for a male, but the body position makes it a little hard to tell clearly
#3 male

#1 female
#2 female? It has a thicker tail base than I'd expect for a male, but the body position makes it a little hard to tell clearly
#3 male

His original post says the first three pics are of #1 and the last 2 are of #2, that may be why you were thrown with the tail length. ;)

Thanks!

The first would not stay still for a photo,
But do you think you can make it out?
I was told it was female , but I'm not sure.

Thanks for you help!

looks female to me and unless she was puffing up for you, the second photo looks like she is gravid as well. Be sure you have somewhere for her to dig and lay.

Yes , the first three are the same girl.

I thought she may be gravid also , I have fruit flys on had and a deep substrate if she is gravid.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom