Help:Plugged Mistking nozzles

imcurt

Avid Member
Over the past I have saved quite a few plugged mistking heads.As I have not been very successful unplugging them.I am looking for how other have had success unplugging them. Thanks curt

You can also unscrew the tip of the nozzle, where the mesh is, and unclog anything that may have found its way up there. In my case, it ends up being little balls of dog hair that drifts into the reservoir bucket. Sometimes it's a little "lint" on the mesh and not an accumulation of hard water deposits or whatnot.

If the CLR doesn't work you can "with appropriate caution" use sodium hydroxide aka red devil lye. Just remember the three A's....always add acid. That means add the acid to the water, NOT the water to the acid or you could be disfigured in a bad way.

If the CLR doesn't work you can "with appropriate caution" use sodium hydroxide aka red devil lye. Just remember the three A's....always add acid. That means add the acid to the water, NOT the water to the acid or you could be disfigured in a bad way.

Lol, I think I would buy a new misting head before I attempted that.

Ever time I try to unscrew a mistking nozzle they break....I'm buying the all black plastic ones.
You can also unscrew the tip of the nozzle, where the mesh is, and unclog anything that may have found its way up there. In my case, it ends up being little balls of dog hair that drifts into the reservoir bucket. Sometimes it's a little "lint" on the mesh and not an accumulation of hard water deposits or whatnot.

If its hard water or white crusty build up on the nozzle (calcium carbonate) then you can soak in vinegar or clr as it will react mildly with build up and eat it away. Vinegar is cheap.... No need add a strong acid. But an easy way to remember acid solutions (chemistry professor taught me this) do solutions like to otter add your acid to your water. Strong acids can react violently when not mixed properly. Good luck.

After you soak them in vinegar... Take a knife or something pointy and scrape the mister nozzle tip if it's still clogged. Just one sweep and it should start working again.

I did all the soaking methods and it didn't work till the little scrape. Pow. Mist.

Back
Top Bottom