Help please

Shipping is always a killer. I got my baby veileds at a local reptile show. Cha-Ching! Best prices ($35 ea), you get to see what you're buying, and NO SHIPPING!

Shipping always sucks. but the reason it is so high from a sponsor is because the animal has to be overnighted. it must be delivered by 10:30 the next day. and the seller has to include heat packs if its winter, enough packaging and cushioning to prevent the cham from flipping all over inside his cup in the box, (which WILL happen in transit) etcetc.

as for jacksons, the horns are cool, but they are less forgiving with mistakes.
It can be a starter cham, but their care is very different from a veiled or panther.

I just got mine from Chameleons Northwest (site sponsor) and he is varying shades of Turquoise. Anywhere from neon to dark. Very reasonable price and great people to deal with.

Ok I'm happy I found someone selling a baby veiled chameleon that looks like the one I want to buy and it is so close to me
:D

Last edited:
i would say no, my cham Sweeney recognizes our voices as mom and dad lol.

He comes down when talked to and shows obvious physical reactions to certain voices.

maybe its vibrations he is feeling, not hearing actual tones...

its actually a scientific fact they are deaf...really weird too..but they can feel vibrations, and supposedly really low deep tones..:D

Turn your TV off at night

Not sure how the TV would effect your chameleon when left on at night but can tell you that there are negative issues associated with your brain as a direct result of a TV playing while you sleep. I could only assume your chameleon wouldn't benefit either. For your health's sake, you should do a little research regarding the problems associated with TV and sleep and just keep it turned off.

Anyone know if it matters if a baby chameleon uses a 18x18x24 or does it have to be a small cage

In the wild, babies have a whole forest to roam in. Will it hurt the lil fellers, probably not. however it may be easier to manage when you have a smaller enclosure. Cleaning wise, and just general maintenance

Thank you you are the first person to answer me :) because I am planning o build my own cage 18x18x24 instead of buying 1

Haha No problem , Just make sure you address the areas of the enclosures they need, proper basking, Uva/Uvb lighting, Heat, Hiding places, Foliage, Vines, Humidity, dripper/ misting. Live plants are always good, but i would check to make sure they are safe for your chameleon species and whatnot.

Have you seen the one i just built?

https://www.chameleonforums.com/members/goldenarcher1328-albums-cage-construction.html

That 5' long, 7' tall from the floor, and 2' wide

Back
Top Bottom