HELP please

I don’t think you can. It’s crickets as a popular feeder here, there are many other options as well.

Yep, if you want locusts you will have to build a light trap and catch them yourself. Locusts are considered to be too dangerous to farmland to have them bought and sold on a large scale.

@Brodybreaux25 What is a light trap? Sounds interesting.
Light traps are a way of easily catching a lot of wild insects, usually moths or locusts, by using their own biology against them. You know how there are always bugs flying around outdoor lighting? Lights at night do something to bugs that forces them to fly right to it, they cant resist. Science is not sure why they do this, but they do.

Ive built a couple of these and use them to supply my cham with fresh wild caught insects from spring to fall. Picture a basketball goal with a huge lightbulb in place of the hoop. What you do is take a high pressure sodium light bulb and a generator out into an area that you know has a lot of bugs, like a overgrown field or woods, and put your light bulb about 10-15ft in the air and turn it on. As soon as you do every bug that can see that light will be instantly drawn to it. They will all start flying towards that bulb. When they get to the bulb they become temporarily blinded by it and end up slamming into the back board. The backboard acts like a funnel and sends all the locust down and into a bucket they cant escape from. Its not uncommon to fill up 1/4 of a 5gal bucket in an hour.

I don't have any pictures of the ones I built but you'll get the idea from this video. The ones I built are a lot smaller than these, go to youtube and search "WORLD'S BIGGEST GRASSHOPPER CATCHER" Skip to the 2min mark.

Looks something like this, all the bugs hit the light and fall into the collection bucket at the bottom. Free live feeders, doesn't get much easier than that! And if you have little boys like I do they will love it too! If you want to try something easier just get a cheap white sheet and a black light(mine is rechargeable so no cords!) Hang the sheet up and attach the black light to it. In a few mins it will be covered in moths!
upload_2018-7-3_14-25-7.png
upload_2018-7-3_14-29-37.png

Back
Top Bottom