HElp PLease

Veildz

My chameleon usually comes out of his cage and roams my room. Then when he is done usually 30-60 minutes he will bring himself back to his cage or go on my hand to be brought back. Today he refuses to move through. He has been out for almost 5 hours and everytime I come close he puffs up immediately and begins to hiss alot. What do I do??!!! PLease Help ASAP!!

Haha! Sorry to laugh but everyone here understands the drama of the spoiled cham who refuses to budge. Do you have a stick you can coax him or pester him onto? Or if you move very slowly, will he still get angry?

Worst case scenario, I have let my Cham sleep somewhere because I couldn't prod him out of his free range, turned off the lights, then I came back a few hours later in the dark and put him up. They tend to get get lax when sleeping and you can very gently lift them up.

The puffing and hissing is their defense, if you are worried about a bite an oven mitt or even a soft glove will work. You can scoop it up. With my girl after her "show" and I pick her up she calms down and realizes that Im jot falling for the "dont come near me, im huge...look how big I just got, ill get ya" routine.

Just take the bite it's not that bad lol and if u keep trying and not let it bother u they will eventually give in and realize u won't hurt them

Back
Top Bottom