HELP please im worried about Camo

Hoj

Friendly Grasshopper
i woke up this morn to find my little guy out on the top of his tank. i guess i did not latchd the door but he still had to push it open and climb on top. the problem is his eye is not lookin great kinda closed and he has a gap in his mouth where there would normally be a good seal.

heres a pic
163399_1675775726626_1004438354_1825609_6295654_n.jpg

i put up 2 threads ysrterday one titled about his eyes titled camos eyes and another titled question my cham is being weird

PLEASE HELP IM WORRIED about my buddy

Was his mouth like this before he got out? It could explain how he moved the lid. How is his poop? He might need a lot of warm misting. He may be dehydrated. If his mouth was already that way and you don't think he is dehydrated, I would call a vet if it were me.

I would do what Laurie said too. Theres bruising, I'm assuming it is I can't see the pic well on my.phone, around the opening. He could have fell and hit his mouth that way but then I would think there would be blood if he his mouth hard enough to indent it. I think you need a vet visit

Was his mouth like this before he got out? It could explain how he moved the lid. How is his poop? He might need a lot of warm misting. He may be dehydrated. If his mouth was already that way and you don't think he is dehydrated, I would call a vet if it were me.

his poop is good i think about 1/2 of moist very white then another 2 or so inches of dryer brown. yesterday he didi poop twice witch is weird for him (smaller second one) and he did have a mark like that on his mouth before but it went away. I will try and get him to a vet if he dosent loook better tonight when i get home.

here is his care sheet

Camo the Chameleon

Breed: Veiled Chameleon
Sex: male (I believe)
D.O.B: late July (estimated)
Purchased: October 21st, 2010 @ PJ’s pets Bramalea 905-729-7428

Feeding: mostly crickets 8-12 a day medium sized gut loaded with fresh fruit and veggies Zilla insect food, Zilla green cricket drink with calcium and dusted with ZooMed calcium powder at every feeding as well as Exo Terra calcium with D3 powder twice a month. Also 2 or 3 worms a day either butter, silk, or meal worms. (not dusted )

Watering: misting two to three times a day with a hand spray bottle, as well as using a drip system twice a day for about a hour each time. All water is treated with Zoo Med dechloraminating agent.

Enclosure: Exo-Terra glass two door terrarium with screen top. Size 18x18x24
Outdoor carpet on bottom, foam rock wall with fake plants hanging all over, a med sized 4ft flexible vine, large mounted piece of wood, a few large rocks. Also I have a small Pothos plant growing in a pot at the bottom.

Lighting: 1 ceramic heat lamp with 65w bulb n clamp approx, 1” from screen and a Exo-Terra compact fluorescent terrarium canopy with 2 Exo-Terra Repti Glo 5.0 UVB 26w bulbs. (have reptisum 5.0 18”)

Temperature & Humidity: Top of terrarium is hi 70’s to low 80’s by day and low 70’s high 60’s at night. Bottom is low 70’s by day and low 60’s at night. Both temps measured with Exo-Terra dial thermometers at opposite side of basking light. Humidity is measured with a Exo-Terra hydrometer and is primarily kept between 55 and 75.
( lately winter here in Canada humidity has been lower from 40 to 60 and as low as 35 trying to keep it higher )

I handle my little Camo about once a week for 30min, he is actually very friendly with me. I also hand feed him daily ( loves those worms ). He poops once about every 2 or 3 days and they have about ½ inch of pure white and then A LOT of dryer brown poo. ( its huge really ).
Recently I have started to introduce him to fruits and veggies so far he has only been willing to try a little kiwi and mango but I am slowly trying to introduce new foods for him

thanks again

The mouth could be the start of mouth rot....can't be sure.

Are the UVB lights compacts?

yes the uvb lights are compact flourecents thry r exo terra 5.0 reptiglow 26w
i have a 18" reptisum 5.0 but yesterday i switched for about a hour and thats when all this started. I dont believe it was because of the new bulb esspechally since everyone seems to reccomend them but i switched back to the cfl's just cause they have been ok for the last 2 months.

if it is mouth rot is there anything i can do to help

just a quick hello to say that Camo is looking alot better i may have got over worried about the little guy. he started a shed to day and bot eyes are looking better hes hasent been eating alot but drinking and pooing normal. his mouth still looks alittle sore but way way better than the pic. Thanks for the help as always

Back
Top Bottom