HELP PLEASE FREINDS... panther chameleon question URGENT

clyde1985

hello Everybody.
im hoping everybody here can chime in . I was sold a panther cham at a physical store /not online and was told "he is a pure Ambilobe" but then one of the owners told me "wait I think that's the one that got mixed up with the batch of sambavas" either way I took him home 9 mohtns ago and now after 4 years ive decided to try to breed panther chameleons. ive been on a hunt for a pure amibilobe and now a lot of peple are fighting wheter he is PURE, AMBILOBE,SAMBAVA, OR AN MIX OF AMBILOBE & SAMBAVA.

Im going to attach some photos can any one chime in please !! im about to make a purchase for a pure female Ambilobe this weekend. I don't want to waste my money if he isn't an ambilobe after all...

the reason Its urgent is because im about to spend the money I had saved up for my female :(
thank you all so very much ! you guys have always rocked !!!!!!!

Attachments

• cosmo1.jpg
    cosmo1.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 155
  • cosmo2.jpg
    cosmo2.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 202
  • cosmo3.jpg
    cosmo3.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 130
  • cosmo4.JPG
    cosmo4.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 205
  • cosmo5.JPG
    cosmo5.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 168
While he looks like an ambi, he can still be a cross.

Sometimes crosses come out looking more like one locale than the other, even though they are still a cross.

Without positive bloodlines, you cant know for sure.

You can still breed him, but you have to let any potential baby buyers know it is possible that hes crossed.

IF you don't, and a breeder buys a baby, it could dilute their bloodlines, and that can cause some big issues.

While he looks like an ambi, he can still be a cross.

Sometimes crosses come out looking more like one locale than the other, even though they are still a cross.

Without positive bloodlines, you cant know for sure.

You can still breed him, but you have to let any potential baby buyers know it is possible that hes crossed.

IF you don't, and a breeder buys a baby, it could dilute their bloodlines, and that can cause some big issues.

thank you. I will be an honest breeder and make sure to tell any potential buyers. I got this panther and my other 2 all from a very reputable source. I want to believe they wouldn't lie to me after 4 years of doing business with this breeder, that he isn't a pure ambilobe. he never does cross's but ill have to take the hit with these babies . I want to only breed pure . ill see how this turns out and next year ill but two new pure's, a male and female. im still going to breed this guy because hes beautiful.

anyone else have any good guesses ? what do you think ?

thanks friends !!

You can breed him, and see what the babies look like.

Im not saying your breeder lied, but hey, mistakes happen.

male gets loose, finds a pretty girl, ;)

baby gets loose, ends up in the wrong baby cage.

sometimes breeding them out can help with determining purity.

but I think he looks ambi.

ok awesome thank you camimom . im going with ambilobe .
im not giving up. I just want to make sure im getting the right female .

:)

what would you breed this panther with?

ambilobe or sambava ?

I can buy a pure ambiolobe female right now or a pure sambava ...:confused:

you ladies and gentlemen rock.

p.s this caused a huge fight on the FB forums lol

I should have just asked here.

breeding

Make sure you are not getting a "sister." Find out if she has been bred before. Out of curiosity, what happened to the poor guy's tail? Good Luck!

Make sure you are not getting a "sister." Find out if she has been bred before. Out of curiosity, what happened to the poor guy's tail? Good Luck!

ok yea , no "sister action" going on over here lol. my chams come from a local las vegas breeder and ill be buying from florida .

the breeder told me that he was housed with an adult male for a night when he was 3-4 months old and his tail was bitten off in a fight. but I heard a whole nother story about how this can happwn to panthers and they'll get "nip tail" if you feed them certain diets as a baby... im sticking with the got in a fight battle wound story.. lol

any other experts out there who would like to say what they may think please & kindly

ambilobe or sambava ?

Back
Top Bottom