Help please emergency 3 eggs drying up while others hatched 3 weeks ago

AndrewBrian

Hi guys i had a clutch of eggs hatch almost 3 weeks ago.... Most of them were out though the intervals were long. I have 3 remaining eggs which did sweat... 1 had already started sweating sweating about a week ago yet the baby did not come out yet... Then i noticed the egg starting to shrivel up. The other 2 eggs are also starting to.... I decided to cut the egg that was more shriveled open. I'll post photos... the surface of the eggs were soft after sweating now they are starting to harden... I put them in a much warmer room as i live in the philippines i added more water to the vermiculite too.... I will now post a picture of the embryo i cut out from the egg im not sure if it is still alive or dead... I have 2 more eggs with this similar case anyone know what to do? Here are 2 photos.... the embryo and pic of the egg that is starting to shrivel as well. Should i move the container to a cooler room?
Any advice is much appreciated

Attachments

• Cham embryo.jpg
    Cham embryo.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 144
  • Dried cham egg.jpg
    Dried cham egg.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 131
How often were/are you opening the container to look at the eggs and how long were/are you leaving the lid off when you do?

The concern is that opening the container is decreasing the humidity and making the egg shells dry out.
what should i do now? with the remaining 2 eggs? i wonder if the embryo i cut out is alive.... i kept him in a small container with wet tissue

It might be possible that the embryo is alive but if it is you should see it breathing I think. With the other two eggs you'll have to decide if you should cut them open or not...but if you do you need to be concerned about the yolk that may still be attached to the baby and not detach it. It's a bit of a crap shoot.

Back
Top Bottom