Help ordering Hornworms and Silkworms!

cbeal1

I need some help on where i should order my hornworms, and silkworms. i live in wisconsin and its really cold right now. and i want to know from somebody that lives in a cold area, there experiences ordering these worms in a cold area. what was the company? did they arrive alive? Please help! i want to try these new feeders.

There are several site sponsors that sell feeders. Given the cold weather, I would try to buy from the closest place, although I think they all probably use heat-packs.

lol! Thats quite the move! Is there anyone on here that lives close to me? that would be sweet!:D

I live in Ohio, and I recommend Coastal Silkworms. I've ordered from Mulberry Farms before - the eggs didn't all hatch and their instructions were ridiculous. Coastal Silkworms gives you lots more options for types of eggs to get and their prices are better anyway. The food you buy from either place is exactly the same - again, cheaper with Coastal Silkworms. I don't think you can get the worms anywhere now - you'll have to get the eggs. But my worms from Coastal are already soooo much bigger and healthier than with Mulberry Farms. They are super easy to raise!! I still haven't reached the level where I don't need to buy more eggs, but I'll get there. Go with Coastal Silkworms!!

I live in Ohio, and I recommend Coastal Silkworms. I've ordered from Mulberry Farms before - the eggs didn't all hatch and their instructions were ridiculous. Coastal Silkworms gives you lots more options for types of eggs to get and their prices are better anyway. The food you buy from either place is exactly the same - again, cheaper with Coastal Silkworms. I don't think you can get the worms anywhere now - you'll have to get the eggs. But my worms from Coastal are already soooo much bigger and healthier than with Mulberry Farms. They are super easy to raise!! I still haven't reached the level where I don't need to buy more eggs, but I'll get there. Go with Coastal Silkworms!!

Did you order in the winter?

I want to vouch for Mulberry because I get all of my silkworms, hornworms, superworms, and butterworms from them. I love that they are local enough that I can dive down and pick them up (like I did today) so I don't have to pay for shipping.
I've never ordered from http://www.tastyworms.com/ before but they are a site sponsor and they advertise a live guarantee. I would try emailing some of the different companies and see what they say.

I want to vouch for Mulberry because I get all of my silkworms, hornworms, superworms, and butterworms from them. I love that they are local enough that I can dive down and pick them up (like I did today) so I don't have to pay for shipping.
I've never ordered from http://www.tastyworms.com/ before but they are a site sponsor and they advertise a live guarantee. I would try emailing some of the different companies and see what they say.

Thanks for the site. But i can get those worms at the local pet store.:(
i guess ill just have to email a few sites and see what they can do.

What's up man. I'm a little north of you in Wausau. I currently have 2 panther chams: Samson is my male, he is 12 month old Sambava and I also have Cleopatra she's a 4 month old Ambanja. Although I am new to the game and have only kept them for about 5 months now.

I ordered worms from Mulberry Farms before just not lately. Your right, its been crazy cold up here but I think hornworms would do fine shipping. I'll let you know shortly (GO PACK GO) once I receive my winnings from an unlucky bears fan who also frequents this forum. :) You can order from Great Lake Hornworms, I do believe they are the closest supplier in our neck of the woods.

Did you order in the winter?
Yes, I ordered this winter - but just the eggs. I would have tried to get the worms, but there weren't any available at any sites I checked out. The eggs arrived perfectly fine and it was cold outside. The package sat on my porch for a couple of hours before I got home. The eggs from Coastal Silkworms all hatched as described: quickly and all at the same time (more or less). I'm sure if you were able to get the actual worms the company(ies) would sell heat packs or something to keep the worms alive. It's too bad nobody sells them around me, because they'd make a fortune off my cham!

I ordered from greatlake hornworms last week I'll let ypu guys know how they come in.. Prices were the best, but as I said I ordered last week..

Just got an order from Mulberry Farms on Wednesday. All my horns and silks were alive and eatin a ton of food on arrival. I paid the extra 4.00 for the heat pack with my order. Better safe than sorry.

The only worms I've seen at my local pet stores are super worms and regular meal worms. I live in central Texas away from the major cities, but the closest store (35 miles away) and the next closest, Petco (60 miles away) just have those two species. It's a bummer. At least in the warmer months I can catch lots of katydids etc... Is it safe to feed my cham grub worms? We get lots of them (yuck, creepy)!!!! Guess I'll try ordering worms over the internet for the colder months. Are there any Texas forum members who can tell me where they get their worms?

Back
Top Bottom