Help.. New chameleon just regurgated

RobStac

Hey, so I got a adult male panther chameleon about 3 days ago, he ate right away after he was shipped to my house, its been three days and today I noticed he didn't take any food and then all of a sudden he leaned down and threw up a half digested ball of food, I own a few chameleons and have never had this issue before please advise what happened and if this is a big issue ?

It is hot enough for the chameleon to digest, I think it may have to do with the fact that he over ate... he ate like four horn worms back to back yesterday so I was thinking that might be the culprit... any thoughts?

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? -------- Adult male nosy faly panther, Had 3 days
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? ------- none so far
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Fed him 12 crickets and 4 horn worms first 2 days
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?---- Reptive vitamin suppliment
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? ---------- repti monsoon, 30 seconds every 2 hours
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Has not pooped yet since I have had him, he was a breeder chameleon before so no parasites I believe.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.-------- Just got him so no idea lol.

Cage Info: ----- Flexarium
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? --------- 100 gallon mesh
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? ------ 1 basking spots, regular 100 watt house bulb - repti 10.0 long tube uvb
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? --------89 degrees in basking spot, 70 at night, ambient around 80
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? --------- I have a monsoon mister and a repti fogger, the mister goes off every 2 hours for 30 seconds I put the fogger on for 30 mins a day.
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? ------- a lot of non live plants
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? ---------- in room not much traffic, on floor about 4 feet high
Location - Where are you geographically located?-------- Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Back
Top Bottom