Help needed quickly

gacpro

Help needed quickly Panther Eggs are hatching now!!!

I just checked on my Panther eggs and I have live hatchlings. Some appear to be dead as they are not moving. However, several are moving and crawling .
What should I do now? Do I mist them right away or go get some pin heads or flies?

Some of the one I thought were dead started moving and eventually stood up and started crawling.!

Update! Happy to report all are alive, 15 so far. apparently they are pretty lethargic at first and slowly begin to move about.

You need to have Fruit Flies and/or pinheads, like, now!!

Not sure what resources you have around you to purchase the feeders, but jump on it.

Congrats on the babies. Be prepared, they eat a lot!!

Do not mist the container where they are hatching. You don't want to kill the eggs that have not hatched yet. Mist the babies when you have them out and in a baby container.

You need to buy some ff (fruit flys) and pinheads crickets. I would then buy the stuff to grow my ff's . Forum sponsor: Josh's Frogs has everything you need. That is where I buy my supplies.

Good luck with the babies.:)

Once the hatchling is walking around in the incubation contianer it should be moved to a cage. Are the ones that are not moving still in the eggs?
As Laurie said...do not mist them interest incubation container and do not leave the lid off the container for any longer than necessary to prevent the container from drying out.

Picked up Malogaster Fruit flies and extra culture to keep em going. Also some pinheads too. Thanks for the advice. Will post some pics later tonight.

This may sound kind of odd, but i stumbled onto this idea by accident. I actually had some old bananas sitting around and noticed fruit flies just magically appearing out of nowhere. i took the bananas, stuck them in a jar, added a downward cone of paper to the top of the jar and it acts like a fruit fly trap and breeding ground. I now have a near endless supply of fruit flies (just try not to do this in living areas, maybe try the garage)

This may sound kind of odd, but i stumbled onto this idea by accident. I actually had some old bananas sitting around and noticed fruit flies just magically appearing out of nowhere. i took the bananas, stuck them in a jar, added a downward cone of paper to the top of the jar and it acts like a fruit fly trap and breeding ground. I now have a near endless supply of fruit flies (just try not to do this in living areas, maybe try the garage)

Hmmm, very clever. How do you keep them in the tub? Wouldn't they just fly away? I'm speaking about the open tubs that most breeders will keep their neonates in.

I actually keep mine in screened cage, i also put bananas on the leaves on the inside of the tub so that the flies are attracted to those banana slices so they stay inside. then the chams pick them off the banana (I also put calcium on the bananas so they get their bit of calcium when they eat too)

Help needed quickly Panther Eggs are hatching now!!!

Here's a bit of background. We purchased our female from a local Reptile store in late December. She was not for sale due to the fact that she had just laid a clutch. However, we persuaded the store owner to let her go. On February 1st, she laid another clutch, we were quite surprised. She has laid two more clutches after that. A total of four clutches from one breeding.

The eggs she laid in February started hatching this week, 6-1/2 months. When I went to the Rep store to get some flies and pinheads, the owner informed me that the clutch she laid prior to our purchasing her, had also started to hatch, just two days earlier. Apparently our incubation environment is quite different. We keep the eggs in a Sterilite container under the bathroom sink. In the dark at about 75 degrees. Amazing that two separate clutches are hatching at the same time. I've had 17 hatch so far, all doing well.

Back
Top Bottom