Help needed. Blue Bar Ambilobe?

Hello all,

I had acquired a large group sold to me as BB ambilobes here locally. So with my science books being more expensive then I thought, I will not be keeping everyone from the group. This guy right here has brought up some thought up just because I haven't really seen to many BB that look like this. I wanted to see what more experienced keepers or breeders thought. He is HUGE and a little over a year old. He fires up red and blu, I do not have a picture of that yet.If I decided to get rid off him I surely did not want to give any bad info if my suspicion of him not being pure were justifiable. I did not get any lineage on him from the person who previously owned him. Thank you all in advance!!

1111504e.jpg

c4617238.jpg

Im gonna get a girl in front of him tomorrow and see how he fires up. Thanks for the feedback. I was leaning towards a red bodied as well but really wanted to get more peoples opinions.

It's hard to be 100% sure. My RB BB, from Flash, can show greens like that at times, but can also turn almost solid red.

From what I've seen and been told by breeders is that animals like that look like they're Ambilobe x Nosy Be crosses or Nosy Be x Tamatave crosses, in this case I'd lean more towards the first option though. A few of the blue bar red body Ambis that you see for sale are very likely crosses just being misrepresented, in my impression, anyway. I had one I bought as an Ambilobe but through research and consulting breeders decided he was probably a Nosy Be x Tam cross being misrepresented.

That's my vote but I'm certainly not an authority on panther locales. He's a super pretty guy though!

i have a ambi male that looks alot like him that i got with an eye infection and i believe he is now blind in at least one eye and doesent change color much but is from lance and am told is 100% ambi

hmm at rest he looks like a normal BB ambi with just thicker barring

but him fired up based on the ic and lighting the bars look nosey be blue color

my advice is to sell it to someone that never plans to breed.... is the safest bet

hmm at rest he looks like a normal BB ambi with just thicker barring

but him fired up based on the ic and lighting the bars look nosey be blue color

my advice is to sell it to someone that never plans to breed.... is the safest bet

I agree. You never know what true locale he is.

Jose this isn't the same guy who came in with Stanley is he... I had thought that lineage was pure... Or is this from somebody else?? PM me...

In my professional opinion he is definetly a cross. Ambilobe's bar's arent so wide. I would say he has some nosy be mixed with an eastern locale like tamatave or moarensetra. Never the less he is very nice. I would't sell him to anyone who is planning on breeding him and passing his offspring off as pure bred if it is unknown.

I would say he has some nosy-be in him. But I am definitely no expert. One thing I do know is that he is a good looking boy.

Got it! Glad I put him up here for you guys to check out.
The cricket box was used as the fastest thing to grab atm to transport him from one cage to another. In no way am I housing him in a cricket box. Thanks for your concern though.

Back
Top Bottom