Help!! Need some ideas for drainage system.

ashleyroxyou

I recently decided to remove the substrate from my glass terrarium. It has a mesh screen top and I have put a water bottle drip system in for my cham. I have a pot of dirt in there, which used to house a now dead hibiscus, that I am trying to use to capture the dripping water.

This is working fairly well, but there is some water that will escape and there is some water that has already filled the bottom from the previous placement of the dripper.

Does anyone have any ideas for a system that would work in a glass terrarium?? I have a few ideas but I am definitely open to some better ones.

All answers are much appreciated!! :]

what make viv is it? i have the exo-terror and i was getting really annoyed with the water build up do today i drilled a hole in the bottom with ease. i used a 22mm diamond tile/glass cutter then used 22mm plastic overflow pipe it takes away 90% of the water but it soon drys out.

I forgot that I have an upholstery cleaner. lol. I can just use the vacuum attachment and suck the water out.

Thanks for the help though!!

If you get annoyed with the vacuum I have an interesting set up. I have a single storage container with a plastic drawer from target I think. I cut a hole in it and took my entire cage bottom out so all I have to do is pull the drawer out and empty it

Back
Top Bottom