HELP! MY NOSEY BE TURNED BROWN/DARK COLOR

Karlos_JY

Hi there my little 6 / 7 month old Nosey Be TB has turned brown/dark color out of the blue! He has been like this on and off for almost 2 weeks now at the beggining i thought it eas due the sublight since they are outside for natural UBV, but now he has kept the dark color most of the time and acts a little strange walking everywhere up and down. Im very concerned since i have read its most likely from stress.. i eats and drinks whater as usual and poop looks good so i dont know what might be happening !! Cage is 18x18x36" . 3 mist a day, feed him everyday. 3 hours of sublight every day, i have handled him a lot lately and when he comes into my hands he turns blueish again. So wierd. Here are some photos of how he used to look and how he looks right now. Hope someone can help me and find out what is going on with him! Thabks a lot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180504-130756_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20180504-130756_Photos.jpg
    646.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 20180510_115918.jpg
    20180510_115918.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 108
  • PSX_20180502_140946.jpg
    PSX_20180502_140946.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 97
I'd fill out the how to ask for help form, a lot of it you've answer but there's some important stuff missing. pictures of enclosure can be helpful as well.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/
  • Your Chameleon - Panther Chameleon Nosey Be TB, 6 to 7 Months Old. 2 months under my care.
  • Handling - 3 day per week for 5 minutes.
  • Feeding - Dubia, Crickets and Superworms, everyday 3 dubias, 13 small crickets or 4 supers. Gutload with carrots, lettuce and apples.
  • Supplements - Calcium wo D3 3 time per week, D3 2 time per month, MultiVit 3 times per month.1/2 drop of Palmitate Vit A per month.
  • Watering - I do see them drinking , 3 to 4 times per day i use atomizer.
  • Fecal Description - solid, brown dark color, with white top.
  • History - was brought from Madafascar.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Screen cage reptibreeze 18x18x36
  • Lighting - Natural Sunlight 2 hours in morning and 3 hours after noon, partian he has shade where to hide id he needs.
  • Temperature - live in Mexico where i live weather is 29 to 35 C° all year round and 24 -16C° nights depending o season currently we are on the 30-31° during the day and 25C° night.
  • Humidity - Hunidity in ny city being one of the most humids in Mexico ranges from 60% to 80% year round. Puerto Vallarta is the name.
  • Plants - Live plants. Dont know the names but use the same for all of my other 4 Panthers, he is the only one who has showed this issue they all have the same care except for the feeding protocol since the others are Adults now.
  • Placement - outside in my balcony.
  • Location - Mexico , Puerto Vallarta.
I want to point ot that i didnt had visual barrier between them! So i dont know if this might be playing a role on this situation, i have put visual barriers now between the terrariums so they cant no longer see each other.

Attachments

• 20180512_102442.jpg
    20180512_102442.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 20180512_100228.jpg
    20180512_100228.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 93
  • 20180511_181631.jpg
    20180511_181631.jpg
    538 KB · Views: 96
seems like husbandry is good, three times a day for handling might be a little much, especially if he was wild caught in Madagascar. may be stressful for an animal that hasn't been around people. has he seen a vet since being imported? tested for parasites or anything?

seems like husbandry is good, three times a day for handling might be a little much, especially if he was wild caught in Madagascar. may be stressful for an animal that hasn't been around people. has he seen a vet since being imported? tested for parasites or anything?
Sorry i meant 3 time per week, i took him to the vet and was given meds for parasites Felbendasol i believe it was as a prevention. But no poop test was taken, however his poop does not smell its actually very solid and the urine white she eats and drink well! Very active to even tho his color turned dark brown.

Maybe it is the medicine. Me personally, I would not give him the meds unless you are sure he has parasites. I would get a fecal done to verify that.

Maybe it is the medicine. Me personally, I would not give him the meds unless you are sure he has parasites. I would get a fecal done to verify that.
Medicinr was given 2 monthd ago and nothing hapenned, vet said it was a very mild med just as prevention. This happened 2 weeks im starting to.think has something to do.with having him.near the other male.adults without a screen barrier also he has seen a female more than 3 time. Probably he is just very stressed out of this 2 things and he is going thru puverty or something like that lol

I'd say it could be the other chams around, especially if they are all older and would be considered more dominate. putting up barriers is a good idea. although @jamest0o0 is right, the brightest colors are the "stay back I'm colorful so I could beat you in a fight" colors. maybe since hes younger he knows he wouldn't win in a fight, its stressing him out and causing the discoloration, hopefully the barriers help.

Honestly he looks more relaxed with the dark colors on than the bright. And chams in general tend to go through phases.

id do a fecal as he is an import. if you want to save money in the long run get a cheap-ish microscope and fecal float kits online and you will be able to do fecals every time you get paranoid:)

Back
Top Bottom