Help my female chameleon tail is dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you.. feed butter worm?
the big stinky flashy (irradiated) worms?

AND

Have you put any kind of cream to the tail? like polysporin or stuff like that?

do you.. feed butter worm?
the big stinky flashy (irradiated) worms?

AND

Have you put any kind of cream to the tail? like polysporin or stuff like that?
I have giant mealworms, not this butter worms, but she didn't really consume any of these mealworms hardly a couple
I didn't apply any cream I don't know what is suitable for her

UPDATE:

I gave her a steamy shower and a warm tub bath her tail changed color in the water , I believe this is a good sign yesterday I forced her for multivitamins a small dose

UPDATE:

I gave her a steamy shower and a warm tub bath her tail changed color in the water , I believe this is a good sign yesterday I forced her for multivitamins a small dose
I’m glad to hear she looks better. There is some conflicting advice about using showers as a means of hydration, and I’m not sure whether warm baths are ever recommended. But again, I’m happy to hear an update, and would love to share my thoughts on your husbandry, if you want.

How warm was the water? I believe that the water should be lukewarm because they feel temps different then us, (correct me if I’m wrong)

Post pictures of your setup or no-one here can truly help. You cant demand help without giving the members here something to work with. Post picture of your setup, you've been asked to and you ignored it.

Please don't bathe your chameleon, its not natural and was likely very stressful for your cham.

edit: I was looking through your other threads, is she completely free range?

5BBF1BED-94A3-44DA-8AF7-0B7ADFDE9FE9.jpeg

I’m glad to hear she looks better. There is some conflicting advice about using showers as a means of hydration, and I’m not sure whether warm baths are ever recommended. But again, I’m happy to hear an update, and would love to share my thoughts on your husbandry, if you want.
Thank you !

UPDATE :
she is shedding today, the steam and moisture helped her .she is being active and moving up her tree( free limited range) she ate a slice of an apple today and drank some water, no feeders.

I think I should stop following that post.. Glad she's doing good.

Dont want to be impolite but why asking for advices? im totally against bath/shower of stuff like that (and not really smiley about free range except when the free range is well suited) and fruit feeding.. but anyway this is not my chameleon ans this was not the goal of your post

I wish this black something will not come back. Might be so many different causes we probably never know.

Good luck

M.

I think I should stop following that post.. Glad she's doing good.

Dont want to be impolite but why asking for advices? im totally against bath/shower of stuff like that (and not really smiley about free range except when the free range is well suited) and fruit feeding.. but anyway this is not my chameleon ans this was not the goal of your post

I wish this black something will not come back. Might be so many different causes we probably never know.

Good luck

M.
ok , remove your self from my post because it looks like you are someone who is new to reptile care . you won't love my cham more than I do

I am locking this thread due to the fact that it will only lead to more drama. Just for the record for new members seeking help, when people are trying to help and ask for some details and pictures there is a good reason. This is the best way to give you the most educated answers that you can get without going to an experienced vet. By ignoring the requests and not providing anything but random updates on how things are miraculously better, you are not going to suddenly get positive answers, especially when the thing that your chameleon was "willing" to do was likely stressing it to the point of shutting down. We really do want to help, but get frustrated when we cant get the information we need to do so.

Besides, loving your cham more than someone else is not the issue here. You are ignoring those with tons of experience and knowledge about these animals, and we all love these amazing creatures. I hope you can keep us updated on your chameleon's condition and I am very curious as to what has caused it. Hope for the best for your little one.

To those who decide that the best way to deal with new members that don't immediately provide all the information that they do not necessarily know is important is to simply be rude and post things that stir up the drama, I have only one response going forward. I will be upholding the rules much more strictly from this point forward and will immediately give warnings. I grow tired of the same issues coming up over and over due to the same members here that think this is Facebook. It is not. We can have fun here and I hope you all do, but these rules are important for a reason...

Members must show respect for others at all times. This is crucial to maintaining a friendly environment. There are no exceptions.

Chameleon Forums will not tolerate rudeness, personal attacks, derogatory insults, bigotry, defamatory comments or purposeless inflammatory behavior. Our decision is final in these matters.

Infraction and Warning System

Chameleon Forums uses a warning and infraction system to deal with rule violations and disruptive behavior. Warnings are usually given for first time minor offenses and infractions are given for repeat offenses or more serious issues. Each infraction has an associated number of points depending on its severity, and a member can be suspended or banned if they accumulate enough of them. Infractions expire after 90 days. If you are given a warning or infraction by a moderator you are expected to heed their instruction. Please do not take this personally. If you think the moderators have been unfair then please contact an administrator directly.
10 points = Account suspended for 3 days.
20 points = Account suspended for 10 days.
25 points = Account permanently banned.

If you choose to participate in these types of actions then please do not be surprised by the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom