HELP!my chameleons eyes...

Lol,no hes a blue bar ambilobe. Ya,ill keep doin what i did yesterday,but he still has occasional periods where his eyes are closed,i gotta keep tellin my self we aint out of this yet,ill give him another shower tonight.

Thx! Ya i gotta tell myself that too alot, i find it interesting that the one day i turn off the UV bulb for most of the day,both of his eyes are open:eek: And the day i keep it on they closed,ill try turning it off and see what happens.

Howdy,

You mentioned that you are using a Repti Glo 10.0 and photos look like it is on top of the enclosure (important!). It also looks like there is 10"-15" between that 10.0 tube and your chameleon. All if these factor are important. What physical size tube is it? Although we haven't had reports of the Repti Glo 10.0 being too strong for chameleons, you've described what sounds like eye sensitivity to your UVB source. Try raising it up above the enclosure another 4" and see what happens.

What part of the world are you located?

Its 24 inches long,and today ive had it off most of the day to see if that might be the problem,and his eye(s) are open! Ill try raising it another 4 inches. I am located in Laurel, Maryland.

I just put 2 4x4s to lift the bulb,i hope it works. Also,i have heard stuff about teramycin(i forget how to spell it) would this be good to use it on?

Back
Top Bottom