Help my chameleon wont eat!!!

My chameleon just eats about 1-3 crickets a day and its not good. here is some info about her.
Your Chameleon: It is an Amblilobe female. Ive had her for 1 week and 1 day.
Handling: 1-2 times a week
Supplements: I give her reptivite 3 times a week, and RepoCal 2 times a week.
(im scared that she might get MBD or something because if she is not eating she isnt getting her vitamins)
Watering: I manually pray water 5-6 times a day. I do see my chameleon drinking water
Fecal Description: She has no parasites
Cage type: screen/mesh 30' high, 26' width 17' width
Lighting: Repti Glow 5.0 by Exo terra, and Sun Glo 100w by Exo Terra
Temp: 90 (Basking) 80(Bottom of cage)
Plants: I have a Pothos
Placement:2 1/2 feet high. Not neat vents/fans

Oop ssaw yo uhad her for a week. Sometimes they will go off their food while they settle into their new homes. How old is she? also, if it is a female, they can stop eating before they are going to lay eggs... do you know if she is gravid? can you post pictures?

Hmmmm... well thats the rgiht size. should be smaller than the space btween her eyes. Its possible shes just trying to settle in and doesnt want to eat. Just keep giving her food and eventually she should eat.

No problem. My male veield was the same way the first week or so. He rarely ate. now he eats like a piggy!

First off that's to hot for a panther ambient temps should be low to mid 70s basking temps should be low to mid 80s, try a lower wattage bulb (I use a 50 watt ) a house hold bulb will work for a basking light.

also you might want to change up your supplementation a bit. For panthers most recommend (and what I use) is calcium with out D3 most feeding, calcium with D3 2nd times per month, and a multi vitamin 2 times a month.

*EDIT* 2x ambilobe panther!

Last edited:
One more thing how do you know she doesn't have parasites? Has she been check by a vet? Also her poop, what color its it and what does it look like?

First off that's to hot for a panther ambient temps should be low to mid 70s basking temps should be low to mid 80s, try a lower wattage bulb (I use a 50 watt ) a house hold bulb will work for a basking light.

also you might want to change up your supplementation a bit. For panthers most recommend (and what I use) is calcium with out D3 most feeding, calcium with D3 2nd times per month, and a multi vitamin 2 times a month.

*EDIT*Opps sorry just noticed it's a veiled! It's still a bit hot, for a young veiled the recommended temps and supplementation would be the same as a panther, I hear when they get older slightly higher basking temps can be used

Aren't amblilobes a type of panther????

Aren't amblilobes a type of panther????

Indeed (in fact my panther is a male ambilobe), I got his post and yours mixed up.... I blame glare and my phones small screen! (or it could be my lack of reading comprehension/ rush)

P.s. Make sure your dusting lightly, over supplementation can cause loss of appetite as well as other issues. This goes for vitamin A and d3 particularly as they can build up and cause organ damage/failure

Indeed (in fact my panther is a male ambilobe), I got his post and yours mixed up.... I blame glare and my phones small screen! (or it could be my lack of reading comprehension/ rush)

P.s. Make sure your dusting lightly, over supplementation can cause loss of appetite as well as other issues. This goes for vitamin A and d3 particularly as they can build up and cause organ damage/failure

hehe ok. I was makin sure im not crazy.

Back
Top Bottom