help, my chameleon isnt eatin or drinkin

Jojo00

i have a veiled chameleon, shes about 10 month, who has just laid 30-40eggs last month since now she hasnt aten or drinking. i was talkin to a reptile vet couple days ago he gave me this site to use powerade which was a powerade bath, so i done this, and iv went by what the site told me, after the 12hours i was left with something that looked like diarrhea how could i get her eating and drinking would you considering a vet :/ i was it was down to dehydration

Attachments

• 995916_10201226134113529_358321532_n.jpg
    995916_10201226134113529_358321532_n.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 134
Definitely time for a vet! She could have some sort of internal injury, a retained egg, all sorts of issues that we can't diagnose for you.

I am not sure if you want to go with that vet as I have never heard of a powerade bath. As in soaking the chameleon in this?? Are you trying to hydrate your chameleon? If so, you can try a couple of different things. Try dripping an eye dropper directly on her nose for several minutes or a dripper through the screen over her head. Or a shower in an acutal shower in a bathroom. Put her on a plant and then aim the shower head at the wall so the water bounces onto the plant. Do this for several minutes to try and get her to drink. Can you post a full pic of her body? Regardless, I would get xrays and see what is going on. Maybe she has some eggs still. Who knows, but I might seek another vet that is well versed in chameleons.

this is her now

heres a picture of her now, she tends to keep her eyes closed threw the day aswell, iv took her to the vet she gave her 2 calium and 1 viamin and 1 steriod injection, she says shes gonna phone in 24-48hours to see if shes lighted a bit, shes beginning to open her eyes a bit more and seems to be drinking a little since shes been at the vet at 10th july 9.50am but hasnt aten yet

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 96
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 88
I am very sorry to say that she looks bad. What is that lump by her back leg? She looks really dehydrated. I hope you can find a good chameleon vet before it's too late.

I am very sorry to say that she looks bad. What is that lump by her back leg? She looks really dehydrated. I hope you can find a good chameleon vet before it's too late.

Sadly I agree. She's in very poor shape now. The "soak" isn't doing much at all.

Back
Top Bottom