Help my baby hybrid is sleeping a lot

Mybabyhybrid

hello I have a 1month 1week old hybrid that just recently started sleeeping all day started about 2 days ago he is in full screen inclosure has reptisun5.0 and 60 watt basking bulb I check his temp all day nothing over 85 at the top of the cage I watch him eat and drink every day even today but he still juss sleeps he was a lot more active wen I got him 2 weeks ago max he changes patterns and shades from white to black he used to run wen I sprayed him now he juss sits any help would be awesome

Attachments

• IMG_0239.JPG
    IMG_0239.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 121
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Found the link for you to fill out the form inside to make it quicker, I want you to do this as fast as possible and detailed as possible. The fact that he is so young and sleeping, worries me a lot. It may be something easy, but just make sure.

• Your Chameleon - supposed to be a male but is young so hard to tell father was a blue ambanjo and mother is a hybrid . Had him for less than 2 weeks he is 1month and 1week
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Today 2x juss to see if he was responsive
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? He was eating melongaster fruit flies tryied some pin heads but he didn't really go for them I have seen him eat them a few times but I'm giving him golden hydei fruit flies now
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? None
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Dripper on live plant an umbrella plant and inmost a lot on leaves and he drinks from here
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? He changes from whites and darks he still shows patterns but today been mostly white and sleeping after he ate 1 fly maby 2
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? All screen
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Reptisun 5.0 and 60watt basking light
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?top mid 80s and lower is around 70 at night no lower than 68
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Nothing yet just ordered a hydrometer
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Live umbrella plant
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? By the window in the living room with some real sun sometimes and a breeze to cool down if it's hot
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? California

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Pictures are helpful

Why is your temp so high at night? Not using a night heat lamp right?

Ok two things to fix immediately, you need to dust your flies. That could be contributing. Are you misting him at all? All I see mentioned is a dripper? He absolutely needs to be misted, especially to clean his eyes.

Why is your temp so high at night? Not using a night heat lamp right?

Ok two things to fix immediately, you need to dust your flies. That could be contributing. Are you misting him at all? All I see mentioned is a dripper? He absolutely needs to be misted, especially to clean his i mist him all the time I get scared maby too much no heat lamp at night I have the basking day light but I turned it off as it was already warm in my house and I'll have some miner all in a few days ! And now he won't wake up wen I mist him he juss changes color kinda

I am not sure he is sleeping as so much as having eye troubles then. Is your UVB light brand new?

Edit: what type of miner-all did you get?

I am not sure he is sleeping as so much as having eye troubles then. Is your UVB light brand new?
Now seems like he is sleeping wen I try to kinda blow air around him juss lightly to wake him up he doesn't and also he squints at me like he seems high I'm really worried because I'm trying to make sure I have everything for him I talked to the breaded and he said all the other babies are fine and none have died I'm going to try and let him nurse him back with his brothers and sisters

Now seems like he is sleeping wen I try to kinda blow air around him juss lightly to wake him up he doesn't and also he squints at me like he seems high I'm really worried because I'm trying to make sure I have everything for him I talked to the breaded and he said all the other babies are fine and none have died I'm going to try and let him nurse him back with his brothers and sisters
Light is brand new tho bought it from one of the shops around here

Try removing the UVB, put the basking light back or turn on a room light to make it bright enough to make him not fall asleep for sure. Babies at his age don't do well with brand new lights. I am very surprised he was sold to you so young. It's not good practice to do that.

Thought he was getting too hot or dehydrated so I turned off the basking bulb as I read on some people said for the babiea they don't even use it only the uvb because there so sensitiv

UVB with babies are usually older, sometimes 6 months so they are passed their prime. Babies do need basking lamps, though often very low wattage just to help digest etc. But otherwise brand new UVBs do the most hard with very young baby eyes. Try taking off the UVB for a few hours. You could also put the basking light on but propping it up higher on the cage with like blocks of wood or stones that are flat? A few inches will make it cooler.

UVB with babies are usually older, sometimes 6 months so they are passed their prime. Babies do need basking lamps, though often very low wattage just to help digest etc. But otherwise brand new UVBs do the most hard with very young baby eyes. Try taking off the UVB for a few hours. You could also put the basking light on but propping it up higher on the cage with like blocks of wood or stones that are flat? A few inches will make it cooler.
Ok I turned off uvb his temp by him his 74 and I proped up basking light with tuna cans so about 2 inches higher he is still sleeping and wen I spray him he opens his eyes and then closes them but changes colors still

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 78
Just let him settle for a bit, still do you misting in like an hour or so. But for the moment leave the room and try to distract yourself. Sadly you hovering will only stress him more and cause him to close his eyes more.

Just let him settle for a bit, still do you misting in like an hour or so. But for the moment leave the room and try to distract yourself. Sadly you hovering will only stress him more and cause him to close his eyes more.
Think that it might have forsure been the light because I turned it off and sprayed him he sat there and walked off and now he is darker but it's almost time for lights out in one hour what should I do for tomarrow ??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 70
Here is the room there kinda is a lot of activity but I'm at work and my dogs don't mess with him at all should I move him to the other room
With no traffic at all ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 67
The thing that's a problem with babies that young is finding a UVB old enough to use with them especially if you don't have other chameleons. At the moment while he is recovering and stuff/settling in he should be moved to a room with less traffic. As he gets older and more confident you can move him out. As for UVB you can take him out (I recommend doing it in the cage) in the back yard (hopefully you have one) and one hour of peak sunshine a day will usually give enough until the uvb is better. While you don't have the UVB on him, keep it turned on somewhere safe while you drain it a bit of the uvb power.

There is a miner-all indoor and outdoor formula. Depending on which it is would be how much you should use it for him.

The thing that's a problem with babies that young is finding a UVB old enough to use with them especially if you don't have other chameleons. At the moment while he is recovering and stuff/settling in he should be moved to a room with less traffic. As he gets older and more confident you can move him out. As for UVB you can take him out (I recommend doing it in the cage) in the back yard (hopefully you have one) and one hour of peak sunshine a day will usually give enough until the uvb is better. While you don't have the UVB on him, keep it turned on somewhere safe while you drain it a bit of the uvb power.

There is a miner-all indoor and outdoor formula. Depending on which it is would be how much you should use it for him.
I sprayed him again and he didn't move at all his temp around him is 60 and toward the top is maby 70 ish I'm worried about him I hope I can help him the best I can he was great 2 days ago at least he ate today and did drink hope tomarrow he will b ok

Back
Top Bottom