Help! Mistking no longer misting!

So for those of you who have seen my previous posts, I know it took me a long time to get this thing properly set up but now I have a new problem. I accidentally ran it dry the other day after over a week of it misting exactly how it was supposed to. I've read that they're designed to not be damaged by running dry, but I put four gallons of water in the reservoir and now it's not misting at all!! Is there a secret to priming it? What could I be doing wrong?

Disconnect the hose from the pump inlet, wait for the water to come out the end of the hose then reconnect the hose to the pump inlet.

Try unhooking the line to the nozzles at the pump and let water run out. And of course have a pan. Then once water is draining then hook it back up and turn it to on. Thats what i did when i was having problems.

One day when one of you mistking users have time and spare parts....try adding a tee fitting and ball valve opened just a shade on the output going back to the reservoir and see if it self primes that way. My pumps aren't the nice quiet type the mistking/ climist have but they do self prime with that added into the mix. Granted for me it's a side benefit from why I actually have those in the lines.

Mine runs dry every once in a while and never has a problem priming. My pump sits below the sump on the bucket though.

Back
Top Bottom