Help me with lighting

So I know that free range is hard to do and keep up with, but I did it anyways with my first chameleon and I think it turned out good! However I have read so many different post and can't find a straight answer. Can i use a HPS 150 watt for the plants? would that hurt my baby? if so what lights should i use for the cham and the plants to live. Please help

Attachments

• IMG_2912.jpg
    IMG_2912.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_2911 (1).jpg
    IMG_2911 (1).jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 314
Nothing wrong with sodium for the plants. It can be used as a basking spot for the cham, just wont be a uv source. Just got to make sure the cham cant get too close, just like any other basking light.

I had no problems with my free range. It was basically a reptibreeze XL without screen. So lights/plants/feeder cup/basking spot, was all there. It took a few months for him to "return to the nest" around dust to his "sleeping stick". In the morning he would warmup and get the uv, patrol the room a few times mid day, then return to the roost around 4-5pm.

Nothing wrong with sodium for the plants. It can be used as a basking spot for the cham, just wont be a uv source. Just got to make sure the cham cant get too close, just like any other basking light.

I had no problems with my free range. It was basically a reptibreeze XL without screen. So lights/plants/feeder cup/basking spot, was all there. It took a few months for him to "return to the nest" around dust to his "sleeping stick". In the morning he would warmup and get the uv, patrol the room a few times mid day, then return to the roost around 4-5pm.

How far away would you suggest?

Back
Top Bottom