HELP ME!! Panther Chameleon eye

Thanawat1995

Need help a lot! I don't know what happen to him (Panther Chameleon). He is almost 5 month old. He moves a lot. He eats very well, but he has issue with his both eyes (I have pictured). When He sleeps he never close his eyes skin. It same thing when he blinking his eyes, it like something cover his eyes but it not a eyes skin.(I have picture) He Cage is "18x18x36" I use "reptisun 5.0" for UVB, and I use "Repti Basking Spot Lamp" for heat and UVA. The basking area is around 85-90°F and the humidity is always more than 50 % because I run a misting every 4 hour for 1-2minute. I very want to know what happen to his eyes and how can I fixed

(I have make new cage (24x24x48) for him, but is not finish yet. I will move him to new cage soon!)

rcjbkl.jpg

Sometime his eyes look good, sometime look bad I don't know why! (It happen with both eyes)
2wei437.jpg

25tktg4.jpg

x453l1.jpg

10rjpzs.jpg

Looks like it could be some type of infection. Your best bet is to always get him to an experienced Reptile vet who could prescribe some eye drops.

You could also try a luke warm long shower in your shower. Aim the shower head at the wall so a mist hits the cham. No direct water hitting him and he will try to clean out his eyes.

But I would definitely see a vet.

Looks like it could be some type of infection. Your best bet is to always get him to an experienced Reptile vet who could prescribe some eye drops.

You could also try a luke warm long shower in your shower. Aim the shower head at the wall so a mist hits the cham. No direct water hitting him and he will try to clean out his eyes.

But I would definitely see a vet.

Thank you so much I will try with the shower.

I agree with what nosybe says.. I wanted to add/or ask if the green vines are the national geographic type that feels rough? I bought some a month ago, and threw them away because the green stuff was flaking and falling off so bad.. I was worried one of my chams would rub an eye on it and get some of the green dust in it.. Just a thought, but he should certainly see a vet. Best of luck :)

A shower is not going to cure that. In the third pic you can clearly see yellow discharge coming out of the eye. He has some sort of an infection. I would get him to a vet right away.

A shower is not going to cure that. In the third pic you can clearly see yellow discharge coming out of the eye. He has some sort of an infection. I would get him to a vet right away.

Agreed. Shower will just give him some comfort until zeh VET!

I agree also, you should take him to the vet A.S.A.P. before it gets worse. There is way to take out the matter that builds up in his eye. But i dont think you should try it until your little guy gets a vet visit its always better and you can learn from it. Hope he gets better.

I agree with what nosybe says.. I wanted to add/or ask if the green vines are the national geographic type that feels rough? I bought some a month ago, and threw them away because the green stuff was flaking and falling off so bad.. I was worried one of my chams would rub an eye on it and get some of the green dust in it.. Just a thought, but he should certainly see a vet. Best of luck :)

Okay I might do the same at you. THANK YOU!:)

Back
Top Bottom