Help me! Half his head has fallen off!

It would be a good idea to fill out the help form so that everybody can help you get your husbandry spot on going forward :), just copy it into your next reply.

Use a plain calcium with no d3 to dust with regularly. You can use the one with the d3 a couple of times a month. They can overdose on artificial d3. Also, silkworms are a better choice to feed than waxworms. They are low in fat as opposed to waxworms and are high in calcium.

I also try and give him waxworms once a month as I was told they are high in calcium.

I'm gonna pop him to the vet anyway and also buy a new UVB bulb and a lower watt heat bulb from the pet shop.

I do not believe waxworms are high in calcium. You might be mistaking them for black soldier fly larvae, which have a good calcium/phosphorus balance.

You don't need an expensive heat bulb from a pet shop--just use an incandescent light bulb. That's the old fashioned light bulbs that are being replaced by LED and fluorescent bulbs. They are harder to find than they have been, but they are still available.

Wax worms are fatty and not high in calcium, you mean bsfl i would certainly get him to a vet asap also you don't want to add calcium to the water unless you KNOW FOR SURE your cham is deficient in calcium. I REALLY hope he pulls through best of luck 🍻

jaiue5olafk01.jpg

Copyright 1971

I am going to venture to guess that this poor Cham is dead by now since it happen WAAAAAAAAAY BAAAAAACK in February 2016 almost 5 years ago. Just saying. :)

Back
Top Bottom