Help me choose

AndyRew

Which photo do you think i should enter in the next photo contest. I entered the first one this month but it wasn't chosen.

5015212483_902e351427_b.jpg

5015828268_621d45f3cc_b.jpg

5015218875_3acaff22e2_z.jpg

5015203265_2f191035e5_b.jpg

I would say the lowest one.

The first one has odd blur, the second is nice and focused on the eyes, but you are missing the nose, the third the eye is turned away and you don't have the whole face in focus. The final one has pretty good focus and great detail, if you have any editing software i might work on the nose crustiest just a bit.

They are all very nice pictures and have good depth of field. My fiancee has taken some photography classes and she said focus on the eye is like the most important part of a portrait, I would say depth of field to be the next. Focus on the eye, but try to capture as much of the face as possible while you're at it.

Good Job!

I would agree, I've vote for the 4th one. I absolutely love it, I think it's a beautiful and really interesting shot.

I would say the lowest one.

The first one has odd blur, the second is nice and focused on the eyes, but you are missing the nose, the third the eye is turned away and you don't have the whole face in focus. The final one has pretty good focus and great detail, if you have any editing software i might work on the nose crustiest just a bit.

They are all very nice pictures and have good depth of field. My fiancee has taken some photography classes and she said focus on the eye is like the most important part of a portrait, I would say depth of field to be the next. Focus on the eye, but try to capture as much of the face as possible while you're at it.

Good Job!
Yea, the depth of field is really shallow on the lens i was using, so there wasnt much i could really do about that. And yea judging by the other comments ill submit the 4th. Thanks

excellent work. I find the first and third photos to be the most profound. what size lens are you using?

excellent work. I find the first and third photos to be the most profound. what size lens are you using?
I was shooting with a 60 mm macro lens. I liked the first too, but it didnt make it to the finals in the photo contest so i think im gonna choose a different one this time.

Close your aperture as much as you can for a beter depth of field.....then combat the lighting with exposure time ,iso or shutter speed. or back up then zoom in with the Slr to combat those awful out of focus areas. I say reshoot this. None are good from a fine art photography standpoint of composition and camera use, color, or exposure. I'd also suggest running it through shop to make it perfect.

Close your aperture as much as you can for a beter depth of field.....then combat the lighting with exposure time ,iso or shutter speed. or back up then zoom in with the Slr to combat those awful out of focus areas. I say reshoot this. None are good from a fine art photography standpoint of composition and camera use, color, or exposure. I'd also suggest running it through shop to make it perfect.
Its a primary lens so i couldnt move back and zoom in. and even at f22 the depth of field is so short so there wasnt much i could do about that. And whats wrong with the camera use, color, and exposure? I did run it through lightroom but i didnt want to overdue the editing and make it look fake.

Back
Top Bottom