Help!!! Me!! ASAP

Thank you guys so much I'm hoping this becomes a success story my dad followed my directions and misted him before he left so here's the good news he ate around .6 cc or ml of repti boost and wanted more but I followed the directions and only have him half of what he needed since he's in poor condition also once he stuck out his tungue bone this was after the feeding he put it in fast though he's a fighter he was ruining all around lol I couldn't get it like that picture however to avoid shoving it down the wrong pipe since he wouldn't open wide and to ovoid hurting wounds I placed a drop on his mouth he gobbled it up it's like he has it taught to him already he was looking up on a angle and gobbled down all I had I cleansed his face and he wants more lol to bad he's limited for a few days but I have never been so happy he's eating and everything is looking good one eye seems to open but it's just black I hope it isn't a fungus but 1 eye is definitly good I mean 1 eye hopefully won't but might be what he will loose use of plus his tungue but otherwise he's great the person who recommended the flukerd repti boost I think you saved his life wish I could have videos it but had no hands as it was just wanted to give a update hopefully he plumps up within the week

I went looking around on what other people have done and Jay's suggestion on reptiboost looks good - there is a carnivore kind that is a powder you mix with warm water - and can give with a syringe- I hope the little guy made it through the night - he looks like a fighter to me

This guys more than I fighter he's going to be a survivor I need my Litle buddy

I have to credit Jay with saving my Jackson's life too- I got my panther from him and he was the one to tell me that I had the wrong sups for a Jackson-
the panther I got from him is beautiful also.. I'm so happy he's doing better I've been worried sick all day and then finally figured out you were probably at school or something where you couldn't post his condition-

Update haha Litle guy wants more food that all I am to him hey it's not a bad thing . b. . . I think the energy hot him he's walking up my arm all over I'm going to get a new tank and clean this one to prevent bacteria or should I let it be

I have to credit Jay with saving my Jackson's life too- I got my panther from him and he was the one to tell me that I had the wrong sups for a Jackson-
the panther I got from him is beautiful also.. I'm so happy he's doing better I've been worried sick all day and then finally figured out you were probably at school or something where you couldn't post his condition-

I appreciate you staying updated and the support

I don't know what to tell you about changing his tank - It stresses my guys out ever time I clean their cages - but chameleons need airflow too- He should be in a screened cage if he was healthy - It looks like in the photo bucket picture you had him originally in a exo terra - which has airflow - It might be better - no substrate - and I would keep the branches low so that if he falls he doesn't fall far- maybe a towel or something to break a fall if he does
I don't even know the temps for a flapneck - and I can't tell how much of his eye problems are dehydration and how much are something more- but I would try and get him to drink as much as you can - small drops

I don't know what to tell you about changing his tank - It stresses my guys out ever time I clean their cages - but chameleons need airflow too- He should be in a screened cage if he was healthy - It looks like in the photo bucket picture you had him originally in a exo terra - which has airflow - It might be better - no substrate - and I would keep the branches low so that if he falls he doesn't fall far- maybe a towel or something to break a fall if he does
I don't even know the temps for a flapneck - and I can't tell how much of his eye problems are dehydration and how much are something more- but I would try and get him to drink as much as you can - small drops

Ill do that tomorow I need to remove the substrate and crickets and sterilize it hey guys honest opinions what do you think his chances are and if it helps to solve the eye problem a small scab like thing began to form should I pull it off ill get close ups when he is up when I get home tomorow

Wow, he is looking a million times better, this was one thread i've been unable to read after seeing the tongue on the first page :(

A scab thing on his eye? there was a thread that had the kind of saline that is safe I wouldn't pull it off but you could try to rinse it - I would let the vet look at it before I pulled anything-
As for his chances I've seen sicker looking chameleons pull through and ones that look better not make it - but I'm impressed by what your doing for him-

A scab thing on his eye? there was a thread that had the kind of saline that is safe I wouldn't pull it off but you could try to rinse it - I would let the vet look at it before I pulled anything-
As for his chances I've seen sicker looking chameleons pull through and ones that look better not make it - but I'm impressed by what your doing for him-

I feel like that's all the vet is needed for now is the eyes and to check up on stuff everything else was done at home and he is doing great can't wait to feed him tomorow he though I was feeding him before and was opening up and when nothing wen in he looked all sad at me lol but I see one eye looking like it's going to open but it's like crust black crust dosnt look like a eyeball I can't explain I'll send a picture tomorow what I need is a antibiotic eye drop if anyone has or knows where to get some I think by my Litle runs to stores I spent $150 easy lol only if I could make it to jersy I have a wholesale guy there to use my license o well do you think the small tank is good or should I get a bigger screen cage ? Also if his eyes have been closed a few days can they be saved this scares me a lot

The vet will probably give you an antibiotic for the eye - I would keep him in the smaller cage until he recovers more - you could make him something to climb around on outside of the cage while you can watch him for the short term- read over the Care sheets and the Resources - I wasted a lot of money buying the wrong stuff when I first got mine.

I wouldn't let him wander around anywhere, he still looks severely stressed/uncomfortable, and is just going to end up falling. The degree to which his eyes are sunken in still really worries me, I'm afraid there may be more serious issues going on that we're just not seeing.

And I would stop messing around with his enclosure. Leave it be for right now and just get those eyes full and open right now. The more you mess with him the less he can get over any stress - remember that this is a wild animal, brought in from a different country - it is not only super ill but adjusting to captivity and people at the same time.

I just got home cleaned up and fed him another dose of the repti boost he loves it and the other good news is his tungue looks healed he sticks out the nub to lick his lips as of the eyes they move but there just closed I can tell already that he's plumping up ill get pictures of his eyes later want him to digest with no issues thanks for the tips and the tanks still the same since I started this process just was asking opinions on what setup is prefers for him currently

I'm so glad he likes his repti boost- in the threads I read where chameleons lost their tongues teaching them to eat was the hard part- hopefully his eyes will at least improve when he gets better hydrated - good luck at the vets-

I have a chameleon that required a tongue amputation. They can do just fine as long as they can learn to eat and drink again. However, I would be worried about possible infection as well as his eyes. They are very sunken in, and the bad one looks like it very well could be infected. I would get him to a vet to get some antibiotics and have the eye looked at.

For now, I would get a plain, sterile saline eye rinse and use a syringe to rinse his eye. There is also an antibiotic eye ointment called terramycin that can be purchased online, but I don't know if that would be recommended. I would ask one of the vets on here about it (dr. O, or ferretinmyshoes.)

It might be too late to go now, with Thanksgiving and all, but has this animal been to a vet yet? His eyes aren't just closed, they are severely sunken in, and this really indicates serious problems. And a professional really should check on what is left of his tongue. Home remedies are only going to do so much.

Poor little guy. Chameleons are very prone to having health problems. Mostly because of bad care but not always. But they are so delightful that they are worth the trouble. This poor guy isn't going to get better. He is suffering and needs to be euthanized. Don't let the vet talk you into trying to save him.
To help lessen the pain, If you don't mind paying the shipping cost, and have the right setup, UV lighting, heat lamp, cage etc,..... I'll send you a healthy, baby nosy be blue panther for free. I'm selling them on this forum, but you are so heart broken I know you will do your best to care for it. If you will give it a good home and care, email me at [email protected].

Back
Top Bottom