HELP!! MBD! Veiled Chameleon

My Chamelon

:eek: So the other day, it became apparent to me that my baby veiled chameleon have MBD. It was a sudden surprise, which looking back on it she did have some symptoms. I never really noticed that she does sometimes grab her own legs, and use to tail on her legs. But the other day I noticed a fracture on her left arm. I know that through research, it's because of her nightlight. It's not UVB. I'm actually quite upset with a pet smart I went to for the UVB bulb. One of the staff members said they don't have them, and that they're only typically used for fish. She laughed in my face. I'm never going there again. I've found a petco to go to, however I'm panicking. As far as I can tell, it's a minor case at the moment, but I'm feeling really guilty! I feel like a terrible owner, I've only had her for a couple of months and now she's at risk! Is there anything I can do to prevent any other fractures before going to the vet? Any home remedies I can do to help her before the visit? Is it severe? Any info is great!! I need help (sorry for bad quality pictures)
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

The first and second one show her broken arm, and possibly broken leg. The last picture shows the potentially "healthy" side of her body. The right side of her body seems clean of fractures. I'm so worried! This is my first chameleon! :(

Attachments

• 20150821_131524.jpg
    20150821_131524.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 20150821_131508.jpg
    20150821_131508.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 540
  • 20150821_131518.jpg
    20150821_131518.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 445
  • 20150821_131510.jpg
    20150821_131510.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 418
I went through this too. I had a male and female and had to separate them and then we were juggling lights and they got MBD the female it took her down so fast and had to have her put down but the male we saved . I took him outside in the sun repeatedly during the day to get natural sunlight and calcium without d3 3 days a week and calcium with d3 once a week and he's still here. The female may have had eggs or something cuz she went fast. I still wonder if we brought her home could we have saved her. I too feel like a bad owner. As long as u never let it happen again your not a bad owner. Your guy doesn't look too curvy. My females arms were so curved they caught on her horn . Calcium and the sun were what I did and my Seymore is ok now. I took him outside for 15 minutes at a time like 4 times a day. I lucked out and found a chameleon breeder at my cricket company and he coached me on the calcium and real sunlight. I'll never let that guy go. Good luck and get him in the sun. I had to order the calcium without d3 on line cuz nobody had it .

Back
Top Bottom