Help maximize his enclosure :)

What species is Magnus and how big is his enclosure? There are some orchids and plants with colored foliage that might add the spark you are wanting. Wandering jew has some nice purples and pinks and orchids can scrape by in a chameleon cage. I don't recommend fake plants but a silk flower or 2 is ok if you don't have a green thumb.

I just got a really nice hibiscus for my enclosure. It has about 8 flowers ready to open...I hear that doesn't last though and the flowers die pretty quickly.

Get a second plant and rotate them one outside and one in the enclosure swap every few weeks.

Na just get LEDs and unleash the power of the Sun into that cage :).

You could also do Dual T5ho Quad Fixtures, you won't fit a basking bulb but I don't think you would need one hahaha.

I bow to the lighting king.

Lol, I wouldn't really do the T5s, they are too inefficient.

So that load out, 8 22inch T5s would take 200ws and give you 20,000 lumens. However for that same 200ws I could get you 40,000 lumens with a rather simple DIY build. 40,000 lumens might be a bit much in a 24x24x48.

I am currently running 40k lumens in a 22x46x46 and even that I think might be too much (though once I get my led controller soon, once I pick a compromise lol) they will only be that bright for a few hours, midday, and even now I run them for 6 hours, and a T5 and JD spot the rest of the time.

However you could do, 2 cobs, at 50ws each for a total of around 18k-19k lumens, at 100ws. Controllable if you want that, and 6500k 97CRI, for less than 200 dollars.

Those cobs can be pushed higher than 50ws, up to 100ws each, but every increase lowers effiency. You could also run 4, and increase effiency more, and get a better spread of light, I see that alot but to me it seems like a waste, 2 will spread pretty well.

Easy to do as well, 4 wires will need soldered, (none if you buy the molex plug for the cobs) and a couple will need wire caps, or spliced together how ever you want.

That's a passive sink build, they are pretty big, and will require some type of rail mounting, easy to make with some alumiunum Ls from the Depot, and some screws or preferably Rivets (cheap rivet gun harbor freight comes with rivets like 7 bucks).

I need to go finish my blog so I can just siggy that :).

Lol, I wouldn't really do the T5s, they are too inefficient.

So that load out, 8 22inch T5s would take 200ws and give you 20,000 lumens. However for that same 200ws I could get you 40,000 lumens with a rather simple DIY build. 40,000 lumens might be a bit much in a 24x24x48.

I am currently running 40k lumens in a 22x46x46 and even that I think might be too much (though once I get my led controller soon, once I pick a compromise lol) they will only be that bright for a few hours, midday, and even now I run them for 6 hours, and a T5 and JD spot the rest of the time.

However you could do, 2 cobs, at 50ws each for a total of around 18k-19k lumens, at 100ws. Controllable if you want that, and 6500k 97CRI, for less than 200 dollars.

Those cobs can be pushed higher than 50ws, up to 100ws each, but every increase lowers effiency. You could also run 4, and increase effiency more, and get a better spread of light, I see that alot but to me it seems like a waste, 2 will spread pretty well.

Easy to do as well, 4 wires will need soldered, (none if you buy the molex plug for the cobs) and a couple will need wire caps, or spliced together how ever you want.

That's a passive sink build, they are pretty big, and will require some type of rail mounting, easy to make with some alumiunum Ls from the Depot, and some screws or preferably Rivets (cheap rivet gun harbor freight comes with rivets like 7 bucks).

I need to go finish my blog so I can just siggy that :).
But can I do an HID conversion and green undercar streetglow?

But can I do an HID conversion and green undercar streetglow?

I mean, ya sure why not :p.

Anyway, OP, I made this up, I want to say real quick but it wasnt real quick. Its still a work in progress,I am just beat, but I think its usuable, and I will improve it more miana with formatting spellchecks ect. However its a good rough draft, that will give you an idea of what is needed for AMAZING lighting :)

Cyber Loccs EZ Bright DIY LED Light.

What species is Magnus and how big is his enclosure? There are some orchids and plants with colored foliage that might add the spark you are wanting. Wandering jew has some nice purples and pinks and orchids can scrape by in a chameleon cage. I don't recommend fake plants but a silk flower or 2 is ok if you don't have a green thumb.
Oh sorry, I'll edit the OP. His cage is the Reptibreeze XL (24x24x48) and he's an Ambilobe Panther. I appreciate the recommendations! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom