HELP Left eye keeps closing! Sunken in a bit!

NOP

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - Male Veiled Chameleon, 4-5 months old had him for 2 months

Handling - Have handled him 3 times 2 times for a cage cleaning and 1 time just to see if he would be ok with it

Feeding - He only eats crickets he is very picky about what he will and wont eat in his cup he i usually give him around 12 a day but on occasion he can eat well over 20 crickets in a day, he gets feed at wake up time between 8-10 "i wake up at 8 everyday and usually turn his lights on when i see him open his eyes"

Supplements - He gets calcium dusted on crickets everyday its an Exoterra calcium supplement without d3 and twice a month i give him Reptivite on his crickets

Watering - i have a Misting system in his cage that goes off every hour for 30 secs and i mist hos cage with luke warm water for around 4 minutes twice day, yes i have seen him drinking

Fecal Description -Blackish-brown "normal poop color" and white and no i do not believe he has been tested for parasites, he just took a fresh poo and it is long brown and also there is a white one

History - Purchased from a Petland over two months ago the cage in the petland was 12x12x12 had 1 climbing tree and 2 chams in it with a coiled reptiglo 2.0 light, he has easily doubled maybe even tripled in size in these 2 months

Cage Info:

Cage Type - 18x18x24 glass cage with a screen top its an exoterra cage with some openeing on the door for airflow it is his temporary still a baby cage havent got his adult cage yet because he is still young, i usually leave the front doors open when i am home se he can get plenty of fresh air "there is a small rotating fan in my room and it occasionally points toward his open door on the low setting to ensure good airflow

Lighting - Currently a 18inch reptiglow 5.0 tube and a 50watt basking light "his reptisun 5.0 blew out the other day so he is getting the reptiglow till the other one gets ordered has had the reptiglow for 2 weeks now
Temperature - the temperature at his basking is always between 80-89 and the rest of the cage is around 79 and the coldest it gets at night that i have seen is 71 but it is usually 73 i keep an eye on the temperatures

Humidity - i keep a very close eye on humidity lvls and try real hard to keep it up it is 50% under the basking light and i try to keep it 60%-80% for the rest of the cage i mist his cage with lukewarm water whenever i see his levels drop a bit so i mist as needed as well as 2 times a day for added watering

Plants - i have a Ficus plant in his cage and a Pothos (i made sure the type of ficus i had was safe for him)
Placement - His cage is on top of my dresser by my bed "i keep all my clothes in a closet anyway" it is 5ft off the ground and there are 2 vents within 6ft of the cage on the ceiling and i have a rotating fan in my room that does blow towards his cage every now and then

Location - Huntington, WV

Current Problem - i noticed it over the past few day and have been growing more and more concerned and finally had to post i am VERY worried cuz i am kinda freaking out here, He keeps closing his left eye and keeping it shut i first noticed a few days ago so i gave him his first shower to see if he was dehydrated or if he had something in his eye "i gave him a correct shower with him not under the water but receiving small ricochet off the wall and all the water was lukewarm" it didnt seem to help cuz he is still doing it but he opens it to move around but closes it when he stops to bask or something he has never done this before and it was the weekened so i couldnt call the only vet in the area that does reptiles i am planning on calling later today, he doesnt appear to be doing anything different just keeps on closing that eye there is no white stuff or anything near the eye he just keeps on closing it it does appear that it is open more than it is closed but upon getting a good look at his face i noticed that his left eye is just a bit sunken in compared to his other eye it still looks in all directions and all but i am grow more and more concerned the more i see him close his eye..i dusted his crickets today with the Reptivite and ill do it tomorow as well just in case this is a vitamin A deficiency....but i would reallllllllly like to be told that he is gonna be ok and this is common but i really dont think it is.....any help or advice would be very much appreciated

my little one was doing that same thing it sounds like a few days ago, what i was told is either something is in their eye so give them a few showers to let it really rinse out or, they are just shedding and it'll probably pass in a few days. (which it did)

i first noticed it a few days ago and i had to use the new light about 2 weeks ago

Back
Top Bottom