HELP! IVE LOST SAHM!!

Ok let me give you guys a quick run down.. I posted in here a year and some months ago when I first got Sahm, my veiled chameleon.. Inwas posting questions because he indeed had MBD, which I’ve controlled and he’s very happy and healthy! He’s a year old and has run away! The more to this rundown is I just got a job.. Thirty minutes from home. And we haven’t even had money to get crickets and I am working quite a lot and have been gone for a minute. We usually get the crickets for Sahm because my sister’s bearded dragon has a diet that consists of dried crickets and calcium filled stuff. He will only eat live food, so usually, I’ll take him outside and get him some crickets or flies or something, but I haven’t been able to because, again, I have been working a bit these past few days and was so tired yesterday, I didn’t even come upstairs to check on him.. I fee like a terrible father, man and am really worried about him. There’s a small hole in his cage that was caused by a stick that he’s gotten out of before and he just stayed on top of the cage. I’ve put a plant in the middle of the room to attract him. My sister and I are playing basslines because while they can’t hear good, they can feel VERY well. Any tips on how to find him?

Look around windows In the daytime. Anywhere there is light or heat. Check the closets, laundry room, around the couches and beds. Place some live crickets in a clear container and put it by or on/in the tree you placed. Put the tree by the window that gets most sun. Hope these ideas help. Good luck.

Look around windows In the daytime. Anywhere there is light or heat. Check the closets, laundry room, around the couches and beds. Place some live crickets in a clear container and put it by or on/in the tree you placed. Put the tree by the window that gets most sun. Hope these ideas help. Good luck.
Thanks so much, man! I’ll do that! I’ve torn my room apart very carefully with my little sister, but I will when there is sun

In the dark, shine a flashlight around. Their colors pop when you do this and make them easier to find. Check behind things like TV’s as they may climb the cords. He would have gone somewhere protected to sleep. Good luck! 🤞

Are you sure he didn't get out of the room?

Unrelated to him being lost...Can you post some photos of him please?
I found him!! Oh man! When I got him back, I showered him with water and am now going to get him some food! Thanks for the tips, guys. He was actually sitting on the wood under my air conditioner! After all that searching in my room, he was just outside it! 🤣 Glad he’s back though ❤️

Happy you found him... Hopefully you will be able to fix the screen. It is really important to give him the proper care. I know your life has gotten busy but he is an animal trapped in a cage and relies on his human to make sure he is fed and watered.

Just an FYI on your sister's beardie. They are not supposed to be fed dried feeders. They are supposed to get live feeders and fresh veg... Might want to let her know to look into proper info for this.

You said..."my sister’s bearded dragon has a diet that consists of dried crickets and calcium filled stuff"...what is calcium filled stuff?
I agree with @Beman...dried insects is not a good diet for your sister's beardie...or any reptile for that matter.

It's very important that the beardie gets proper UVB, proper temperatures, live insects that are fed well and gutloaded properly, proper supplementation, etc or she/he will end up with MBD and other issues.

Back
Top Bottom