Help is this normal?

Curlytails

Established Member
I think he might have burned himself but the mesh is barely warm to the touch. Is he getting his adult colours ore is this hypopigmentation.

Attachments

• 20180327_193555.jpg
    20180327_193555.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 199
Definitely doesnt look like a burn to me. I would keep an eye on it for now. The coloration difference is odd unless he recently shed in that one spot but its hard to miss that its from shedding.

Definitely doesnt look like a burn to me. I would keep an eye on it for now. The coloration difference is odd unless he recently shed in that one spot but its hard to miss that its from shedding.
His skin looks like it was set to its default sleep mode and now hes sleeping his colour looks even
He did shed a couple of days ago.

I hope when he wakes up all is good. I panic over anything out of the norm. Maybe my guy will teach me not to stress the small stuff. :eek: Who am I kidding.:LOL:

Hey man, this happened to my Cham and is now suffering a severe burn ( he’s heeling now ) but his veil started to look JUST LIKE THAT
My advice is to re arrange the position on his cage like sticks or plants to where his veil doesn’t rub against the top of the cage and that the heat lamp isn’t right abouve him
It would help to send a pic of your hand enclosure

Looks like it might be a burn to me. Heat can build up, so it isn't too hot to the touch but it just keeps building up to the point of tissue death.

Keep it dry and see how it goes. You probably won't know how bad it is until it is pretty much healed. Big chunks of dead casque might fall off. It will probably heal fine on its own. They are pretty tough and usually heal from pretty bad injuries just fine on their own.

Looks like it might be a burn to me. Heat can build up, so it isn't too hot to the touch but it just keeps building up to the point of tissue death.

Keep it dry and see how it goes. You probably won't know how bad it is until it is pretty much healed. Big chunks of dead casque might fall off. It will probably heal fine on its own. They are pretty tough and usually heal from pretty bad injuries just fine on their own.
So just lower the basking branch? Will he be ok???

Hey man, this happened to my Cham and is now suffering a severe burn ( he’s heeling now ) but his veil started to look JUST LIKE THAT
My advice is to re arrange the position on his cage like sticks or plants to where his veil doesn’t rub against the top of the cage and that the heat lamp isn’t right abouve him
It would help to send a pic of your hand enclosure
Does the casque grow back?

It looks like the beginning of a burn to me, too. When the pigment cells are exposed to high heat, it can photobleach the cells which will turn them lighter colored or white before they start to show the dark brown/black colors indicative of the more "classic" burn look. It does not look bad yet, though, so as long as you adjust your basking light I think he should be just fine

It looks like the beginning of a burn to me, too. When the pigment cells are exposed to high heat, it can photobleach the cells which will turn them lighter colored or white before they start to show the dark brown/black colors indicative of the more "classic" burn look. It does not look bad yet, though, so as long as you adjust your basking light I think he should be just fine
I lowered the basking spot. I have a dimming thermostat but i dont know what happened. It slightly burned his back too. If anything falls of will it grow back??

Depends how severe the damage is. Doesn't look bad enough to me that anything will be falling off. It may not heal perfectly, but it should not affect his longterm health unless it gets infected

Depends how severe the damage is. Doesn't look bad enough to me that anything will be falling off. It may not heal perfectly, but it should not affect his longterm health unless it gets infected
I know why it happened. My linear bulb was INSIDE the cage!!! The colouration has gone back to only the tip. I hope he recovers. Also his back is slightly burned too. Any tips to get him healing faster.

Nothing to my knowledge will help him healer faster than normal. Just keeping on top of nutrition is probably the best you can do but maybe someone with more experience can chime in. Generally, if the burn peels and exposes pink flesh underneath you can use non-medicated neosporin like mentioned above to fend off infections.

I've never had to deal with burns luckily so this thread was helpful to me. Didn't know that the scales would bleach before darkening during a burn.

I'm glad I found this post earlier today. I didn't know that they could get burned by the light. So many of the kits show the domes and light placed right on the cage. After I saw this I got stuff to hang my light from the wall above the cage. My guy was basking most of the day at the highet point in the cage today before I moved the light. How long does something like this take to burn them and/or how long to show after they are done basking if they got burned?

Back
Top Bottom