Help. Is something wrong? He’s sleeping on the bottom of his enclosure

Howdyshay

I have a 3.5 month old male panther that I got yesterday. He’s asleep on the bottom of his baby bin. He ate well today and had a really nice poop with white urate. It’s damp down there in the bottom from the misting. I’m worried. He basked a good bit today.
what do I do?

Attachments

• 844D756B-D090-4D7E-888B-4570168E33C6.jpeg
    844D756B-D090-4D7E-888B-4570168E33C6.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 72
What are the cage temperatures?
Can you post more pictures of the cage please.
THis is just his baby bin that the breeder told me to get for another 2-4 weeks before putting him in the 2x2x4 Reptibreeze. He has a t5 HO linear bulb light and heat lamp and a jungle dawn plant light that i have on part of the day. It's damp from misting. I empty any water that stands in the bottom before bed time but I mist after to keep humidity up at night. It's hand misting at this point.

Is the linear bulb a UVB?
Is move him to the bigger cage now. it bothers me that there are so many lights on the top of the cage....for one thing.

Is the linear bulb a UVB?
Is move him to the bigger cage now. it bothers me that there are so many lights on the top of the cage....for one thing.
The linear is UVB and I only have the plant light on for a little while. It's just the heat lamp and the uvb. He came from this exact set up. Bruce at Chameleon Paradise is adamant that this is the way to do it. My large enclosure isn't quite ready. I don't have my mister yet.
He was up and around the enclosure all day and ate well and pooped but when came time to go to sleep for the night this was where he chose to go.

I didn't make it clear that this is what he did at bedtime. Not daytime. Daytime he was up and around just fine. I just am worried he's sleeping in the floor of his enclosure and it's damp.

Did he sleep there at the place you got him from?
I mean at night yes. That is what I didn't make clear. This started after lights went out. He decided to sleep down there for bedtime. He didn't sleep during the day. I forget time zones are different and i just wasn't clear.

I mean at night yes. That is what I didn't make clear. This started after lights went out. He decided to sleep down there for bedtime. He didn't sleep during the day. I forget time zones are different and i just wasn't clear.
I don't know if he did sleep there. He's not a hider. he stays in the open during the day. I haven't heard back from Bruce yet.

If he sleeps there all the time then there likely isn't any problem. If it's something new then post here again.
Ok thank you. I guess we’ll see. He seems content and asleep until I shined a light on him. It just seems odd to not be at least on a branch. I emailed the breeder so I hope to hear from him.

His UVB and heat lamp are ULTRA close to him. Your uv (if it is a 5.0) should be 9 inches away from the highest spot he can go, otherwise he is risking over exposure....which seems very likely to me considering there doesnt APPEAR to be a gap at all. It looks as though he can sit awfully close to the lamps.

His UVB and heat lamp are ULTRA close to him. Your uv (if it is a 5.0) should be 9 inches away from the highest spot he can go, otherwise he is risking over exposure....which seems very likely to me considering there doesnt APPEAR to be a gap at all. It looks as though he can sit awfully close to the lamps.
Thank you I will work on that. I am struggling to keep my basking temp up which why I moved the light closer. May just have to go with a higher wattage bulb.

Back
Top Bottom