HELP! Is she sick?

Grasshopper

I have just purchased my very first veiled chameleon on February 27th.. I was told she was around 7 months old, I mist her and her leaves 3-4 times a day to make sure she is hydrated. Well these past couple of days she hasn't ate anything and she sleeps ALOT, I keep her enclosure temp around 86°F during the day and then it goes down to around 74° at night. She still drinks but she has a very light green color. I've been spending my whole day looking up reasons and ways to tell if she is sick but nothing yet. Anyone have any advice? Should I maybe force feed her? Anything to help please!

What’s with this weird sickness in baby veiled chams, all the same symptoms: sleeping lots throughout the whole day, not eating or drinking.. I’ve seen this happen like 3 times, it’s really weird

What’s with this weird sickness in baby veiled chams, all the same symptoms: sleeping lots throughout the whole day, not eating or drinking.. I’ve seen this happen like 3 times, it’s really weird
It is 9 times out of 10 husbandry issues where people are told to get or use the wrong stuff. When even one thing is not correct it can lead to lack of eating or drinking and sleeping during the day. This is why we ask for the help form to be filled out and pictures because we need detailed info to help.

It won’t let me view the pic for some reason but they can carry eggs as soon as 4 months at times try a laybin at her age you should have one in there

I'm placing one in the morning with sand, I'm a first time chameleon owner I knew 50% care for them. I read so much today and learned so much. Still learning, but she isnt fat or big everything I read and saw was big belly's and some you could see round balls near the tail and on the side of belly. I'm still placing the sand tray just to he safe.

Not all of them you can see have eggs they just end up starting to dig lol... but you’ll learn tho just research and more research there’s never to much to learn

I'm placing one in the morning with sand, I'm a first time chameleon owner I knew 50% care for them. I read so much today and learned so much. Still learning, but she isnt fat or big everything I read and saw was big belly's and some you could see round balls near the tail and on the side of belly. I'm still placing the sand tray just to he safe.
Hi hun this is a really good blog post on egg laying and the bin. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/egg-laying-and-the-laying-bin.345/
Dave85731 is absolutely right though as far as the possibility of her needing to lay. If this is the case putting in the lay bin asap is needed so she does not become egg bound.

I would still fill out the form I gave you though because there may be something additionally we can point out before you have issues down the road.

To give a proper anylsis you are going to have to post pictures, without that there is only speculation, the problem could be anything

She is more active this morning she has been wondering around. But still not eating, she did drink.
Without filling out the help form in detail and providing image we are just shooting in the dark guessing. If you want more accurate feedback please fill this out.
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom