Help! Is my female egg bound??

This is my first time anwsering like this. hope its helpful

That was very helpful thank you!

So you suggest i significantly cut down the superworms and mealworms? (She really loves superworms) And are the waxworms okay for her to eat every couple of days (she loves eating them too)

I am using fluckers water cubes for the crickets

You think I should use the multivitamin twice a month? but continue the Cal with D3 only once a month?

Also when will i know that she needs a larger cage?

Thanks for the advice about the heat i will change her basking light to a 40 watt incandescent bulb.

Thanks for the help!

It would be a guess, little more......growth rates are so different, but to compare her to mine (raised at a very good pet shop, not that I have any ideas about petsmart except what I have read on the forum......). I would guess at 4 months, but if petsmart kept her badly she may be older.....

check out that picture i posted of her when i first got her, she looks tiny doesnt she? And im sure that she wasnt raised well at petsmart, their setup was all wrong!

That was very helpful thank you!

So you suggest i significantly cut down the superworms and mealworms? (She really loves superworms) And are the waxworms okay for her to eat every couple of days (she loves eating them too)

I am using fluckers water cubes for the crickets

You think I should use the multivitamin twice a month? but continue the Cal with D3 only once a month?

Also when will i know that she needs a larger cage?

Thanks for the advice about the heat i will change her basking light to a 40 watt incandescent bulb.

Thanks for the help!

i personally use with d3 and the multie twice a month. she will "show you" when she wants a bigger cage. I FreeRange clair becuz she hates cages. she was always dark colored untill i freeranged her. if your ever going to do this look into it throughly. i use flukers water cubes aswell. waxworms are fine here and their but their high in fat. crikets =daily all the others are treats. id feed waxworms b4 meal and supers. mabey a meal worm once a mnth and a super 3-4times(ie once a week). thats just how i do it.

Mealworms only a couple per day at most, just for variety, they have few vits, lots of chitin can cause impaction, they are a bit fatty compared to crickets. Multivit is best once a month, d3 twice a month (this does depend on your brands of course). I think changing the bulb will probably sort the current issue, and you will probably be able to tell when she is feeling too cramped......they do make you keep a close eye on them, don't they?

Mealworms only a couple per day at most, just for variety, they have few vits, lots of chitin can cause impaction, they are a bit fatty compared to crickets. Multivit is best once a month, d3 twice a month (this does depend on your brands of course). I think changing the bulb will probably sort the current issue, and you will probably be able to tell when she is feeling too cramped......they do make you keep a close eye on them, don't they?

oh yes they do XD people i go to school with think its funny becuz i talk about my chams as though their my babies. even ask how their doing!

I love feeding her superworms and mealworms cause she absolutely goes crazy for them haha and I hope that changing the bulb will help with this problem because I really do think that she is too young to be ready to lay eggs. Im going to look into getting her a much bigger cage and her egg laying bin cause i really dont want her to become egg bound. Haha yes they really do! Its like having a baby! :eek:

i personally use with d3 and the multie twice a month. she will "show you" when she wants a bigger cage. I FreeRange clair becuz she hates cages. she was always dark colored untill i freeranged her. if your ever going to do this look into it throughly. i use flukers water cubes aswell. waxworms are fine here and their but their high in fat. crikets =daily all the others are treats. id feed waxworms b4 meal and supers. mabey a meal worm once a mnth and a super 3-4times(ie once a week). thats just how i do it.

How will she "show me" when shes ready for a bigger cage? What signs should i look out for?

How will she "show me" when shes ready for a bigger cage? What signs should i look out for?

It is common for chameleons to act strange when they have outgrown there cage, signs can include crawling on the screen walls, dark colors, hunger strikes, and sometimes they become very inactive, its best to just be ahead of the game. Just judge by the size of the cham and use a understanding for her, chameleons are arboreal species and like to climb ( its there safe zone) just provide a nice tall enclosure and that will encourage the chameleon to be active, having choice of climate, perches, and the option to hide or bask in glory. Basically put yourself in there ...well feet, if you were a arboreal tongue slinging chameleon, what would make you comfortable :D she is awfully cute, i still say although i am no pro, she looks about 4 months at max. I will add as others have, you wil wanna make sure her larger enclosure provides enough space at the bottom for a decent laying bin (covered in Jannb's blog). Let us know how everything goes .

Back
Top Bottom