Help/Information needed - Bluish Mark on Leg

Tpaterno10

Hello everyone, I hope all is well during these tough times. I have had “Jeff” for about a year and a half now, him being my first chameleon. Everything has gone exceptionally great as I’ve had time to learn how to keep his cage warm/humid/fun for him through this year and a half. Just the other day I noticed this bluish/purple mark under his leg and wanted to get opinions as it isn’t the easiest thing to transport a chameleon to a veterinarian. He eats just fine, moves a decent amount, drinks when it’s available (through a manual mister) and of course has the greatest personality like most veiled chameleons do (hence the sarcasm). I appreciate the time and help, I love this forum as it’s been a wonderful tool for me over the past 2 years.

Thanks
Tanner P

Attachments

• 4D8D2C35-F715-4B36-A985-77D87B5CDA2C.jpeg
    4D8D2C35-F715-4B36-A985-77D87B5CDA2C.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 172F8DA2-8B5C-4767-B561-D357C123E9E5.jpeg
    172F8DA2-8B5C-4767-B561-D357C123E9E5.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 82
does he ever screen climb/ hang out on the screen under his basking light?
He often climbs on the cage...I try to move the basking light when I see him chilling under it. I’ve seen him burn his crown before but haven’t seen something in his body like this before, so I was curious if anybody else has. Appreciate the response

Your going to want to lift that heat light up off the top... Thermal burns can become very severe especially with veileds and their casques.

Can you post a picture of the entire enclosure lights down? Typically as they mature they stop screen climbing. So figuring out the cause so you can fix it will reduce injury.

Back
Top Bottom