Help identify kinyongia

Johnny909

Hi!,

I was wondering if anyone could help me identify the complete species name of my new chameleons.

I have a few pics here to help but its hard to get a good shot since my terrarium is densely planted.

I am told it is a fischeri, but it doesnt have any stipes like the ones I find on the internet, also, I understand there seems to be confusion with proper naming of this species.

I found a nice post by Chris Anderson, I find it looks like a vosseleri??

https://www.chameleonforums.com/fischers-chameleon-kinyongia-fischeri-22395/

It does not show on the picture but his dewlap is like aqua blue.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 191
I would second that what you have is a Kinyongia Vosseleri. The Actual species of Kinyongia Fischeri (The Fischer's Chameleon) is rare, and judging by your pictures it is almost impossible to tell due to the fact that several other species are also mistaken as the Fischer's Chameleon. Never the less, great looking chams!!

You should have this thread moved to the ID section. Someone will definitely ID them there. Tough to say with the pictures you posted. The male looks to be a Kinyongia multituberculata however the female has not got rostral horns.

Last edited:
Yes from the 21st

It is likely k. multiberculata, however I am sure its possible for a oddball to get mixed in with an import. With females, many of them look similar. It would probably take someone with extensive knowledge in IDing( Chris Anderson ) to say for sure.

The male is a Kinyongia multituberculata. You can tell by the coloration and pattern, the size and length of the dorsal crest down the back and the size and shape of the rostral protuberances. The female, however, is a different species. It looks to me like a female Kinyongia tavetana, but could be a female Kinyongia vosseleri. Could you post some additional pics of her?

Chris

You should have this thread moved to the ID section. Someone will definitely ID them there. Tough to say with the pictures you posted. The male look to be a Kinyongia multituberculata however the female has not got rostral horns.

I would like it moved I did not know there was such a section.

Here is a clear pic of the female. She is much less shy

I don't know if this will work, I seem to be restricted to post for 3-4 weeks cause I asked about it. Weird stuff

Edit: yup, well, banned from IDing, I really don't know what I did wrong here

I don't know if this will work, I seem to be restricted to post for 3-4 weeks cause I asked about it. Weird stuff

Edit: yup, well, banned from IDing, I really don't know what I did wrong here

You should be able to post more photos, I'm not sure why you wouldn't. If you have trouble, maybe you can upload them to an album on your profile and we can look at them there?

Chris

Hi John,

Can you get me a photo of the top of her head? I need to look at the coloration along the crests and see if there are enlarged scale rows. If you have difficulty uploading the photo again, you can email it to me: [email protected]

Thanks,

Chris

Based on the coloration, the apparent lack of any specimens imported from the East Usambaras (where K. vosseleri occurs) for the last 2+ years, and comparison of the photos of your individual with preserved specimens of each species in my collection, I believe your female is a large Kinyongia tavetana.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom