HELP i’m new!! ADVICE PLSSSS

Thank you!!!! Many keepers successfully use calcium (without D3 or phosphorus) at nearly every feeding, multivitamin once every 2 weeks, and calcium with D3 once every 2 weeks".

Is this correct information? So I know how often to dust!!
Yes, that is the standard supplementation regimen. You’ll want to lightly dust every feeding with the calcium without D3 though. When dusting, you don’t want your feeders to look like powdered donuts.

a digital thermometer, the house stays around 72

this is the description of light fixture:

Mini Combo Deep Dome Lamp Fixture, Daylight Blue Reptile Bulb (60 watt) and a ReptiSun 5.0 Mini Compact Fluorescent (13 watt).

she was a little feisty today but she loved the outside she started being really active.

the pictures i included was our walk today.

i mainly sat in the shade on a bench with her, she didn’t seem to like the fake plants i put her on so she sat on my hand, climbing up my arm lol

do you think she looks okay? i know you’re not a vet, but could you tell if she looks fine? i’m not going to be able to take her to a vet to get her checked out until about next week

she was alert, didn’t gape her mouth or open it.
It is interesting that your temps are getting that high... Make sure the probe for the temp gauge is tied in at the branch below the heat not up by the screen.

She looks good in the pics. My boy always basked only on me when he was younger and we went outside. I think that is perfectly fine.

In my opinion I would spend your money on your husbandry. Getting everything you need for the cage before you rush into going to a vet. Since there are quite a few major husbandry things that are off getting these resolved and giving her a week or so with the new lighting, supplements etc then if she is showing issues like lack of eating or closing eyes I would take her to the vet.

It is interesting that your temps are getting that high... Make sure the probe for the temp gauge is tied in at the branch below the heat not up by the screen.

She looks good in the pics. My boy always basked only on me when he was younger and we went outside. I think that is perfectly fine.

In my opinion I would spend your money on your husbandry. Getting everything you need for the cage before you rush into going to a vet. Since there are quite a few major husbandry things that are off getting these resolved and giving her a week or so with the new lighting, supplements etc then if she is showing issues like lack of eating or closing eyes I would take her to the vet.
Okay! My main things are the light fixtures (on the way)
next is live plants.
I’m getting new supplements with D3 since I only have without D3
Am I missing anything else?
I’m going to look for a bigger cage and the lay bin after i get my light fixture

Yes, that is the standard supplementation regimen. You’ll want to lightly dust every feeding with the calcium without D3 though. When dusting, you don’t want your feeders to look like powdered donuts.
Do I skip a day without D3 and dust with the D3? Same with vitamins?
I doubt I dust with D3 and without D3 on the same day if that makes sense

Thank you so much I feel so much better with all this info and i’m excited to upgrade everything when I get it

next is live plants.
I’m getting new supplements with D3 since I only have without D3
I’ve got a couple of pothos and a wandering Jew starters I’ll be giving you. If you get a plant light, that opens up your ability to get more types of plants. I get my plants from Walmart and Lowes usually and then wash and repot them. Right now something like a schefflera would be great for it’s height and leaf cover.
If you have a calcium without D3, all you’ll need is a calcium with D3 as I’m giving you Reptivite without D3, which is your multivitamin.
I didn’t mention it before, but the black Exo Terra vine that you have is known to shed particles that can get into your girl’s eyes as she sheds and rubs her face. I like the Fluker’s vines that are like foam. Although, I primarily use branches and sticks. I have a ton of branches that are ready for use that I can also give you some of. You’ll need to figure out a way to attach branches and vines. When you get the 2x2x4’ enclosure, Dragon Ledges are awesome for this. https://dragonstrand.com/dragon-ledges/ For now, you can attach some sticks to the corners of the frame of your enclosure and build up a little scaffold. Here’s how I set up the same size enclosure not too long ago. I got my stick ‘frame’ in (secured with thin wire to the frame) and put in my main plant. Then I added branches wherever I felt was needed. For the other plants, I elevated them on a stack of old plant pots.
1BDF8D62-332A-4374-A6A4-4283A90AEFCD.jpeg
7B0F140E-AEB2-43E0-B7B1-8D396EF394E3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom