Help: hurt leg?

Excellent. Please let us know what the vet says.

As to what the vet can do, it's possible there's an infection causing the leg to swell (it looks puffy to me) that can be treated with an antibiotic. It's possible that the leg is broken which might mean there's an underlying nutritional issue that needs to be addressed, calcium injections might be in order. Those are just two off the top of my head, so the vet is definitely a good step.

I had the SAME prob with my red bar!

Okay so mine has just gotten over the SAME problem and i can tell you EXACTLY how mine got better! i have before pics of him too! Dripper is ESSENTIAL, I got another control valve for the end of mine so it drips very slow. The next thing is a variety of food, helped a good bit. worms crickets treats all that good jazz. Now here is what i did which i saw an almost overnight difference. I was doing JUST the repashy calcium every day and i'd take him out for sunlight. I then got a reptivite with d3 and started using it oncec a week. It is jam packed with vitamins and minerals your little guy needs! The day after i fed it to him i noticed an improvement in color, and appetite. I also noticed he wasn't as lethargic like he had been. I have now been dosing him with the reptivite once a week for 3 weeks and the difference is night and day. The reptivite is usually readily available at petco and it was like 7 bucks i think. Best 7 bucks I've spent for my guy. I will attach pictures of before and after and let them speak for themselves. Good luck with your guy!

go here to see him before the reptivite - https://www.chameleonforums.com/help-he-wont-eat-84588/

And here he is just 3 weeks after! =D

Attachments

• 2012-06-18_21-28-31_956.jpg
    2012-06-18_21-28-31_956.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 2012-06-18_21-28-21_373.jpg
    2012-06-18_21-28-21_373.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 2012-06-18_14-13-27_271.jpg
    2012-06-18_14-13-27_271.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 126
Okay so mine has just gotten over the SAME problem and i can tell you EXACTLY how mine got better! i have before pics of him too! Dripper is ESSENTIAL, I got another control valve for the end of mine so it drips very slow. The next thing is a variety of food, helped a good bit. worms crickets treats all that good jazz. Now here is what i did which i saw an almost overnight difference. I was doing JUST the repashy calcium every day and i'd take him out for sunlight. I then got a reptivite with d3 and started using it oncec a week. It is jam packed with vitamins and minerals your little guy needs! The day after i fed it to him i noticed an improvement in color, and appetite. I also noticed he wasn't as lethargic like he had been. I have now been dosing him with the reptivite once a week for 3 weeks and the difference is night and day. The reptivite is usually readily available at petco and it was like 7 bucks i think. Best 7 bucks I've spent for my guy. I will attach pictures of before and after and let them speak for themselves. Good luck with your guy!

go here to see him before the reptivite - https://www.chameleonforums.com/help-he-wont-eat-84588/

And here he is just 3 weeks after! =D

I really wanna try that. The problem I have is he has stopped eatting. How do I get him to take crickets covered in reptivite?

Do you still feed the repashy or only the reptivite now?

Update

Those pics I just took of his leg about an hour ago. I don't think he moved at all today. He was just sitting in the center of the ficus all day I think. I took him out to move him to his basking spot to leave him there or a bit before I turn the light off for the night. he didn't eat anything today. I have a vet appointment tomorrow morning. I am gonna buy some of that reptivite, mentioned earlier, tomorrow. I don't have a petco here. Anyone know if they are available at petsmart or petland? His lights are no longer in the tank. The crickets are being feed greens for gutload. I was using a pop bottle for a dripper but bought a drip valve and tube to make a better one. I have also been misting him more. But I still don't think he is drinking either.

You might not see him drink...keep up the mistings. Get the cage completely soaked, get the dripper going and walk away. I've had one for a year and a half and this weekend I saw him drink for the 5th time.

Where are the pictures of the burn? The lights need to come out of the cage and go on top. Especially the dome. That is a disaster waiting to happen there. They can crawl on the sides or the cage and come in contact with dome light from what I can tell from the pics which will burn his skin right off.

Hear hear!!! I actually did a double take at those lights...

I don't know if I can get reptivite up here. My GF used to work at a pet store and she hasnt heard of it. Is there another vitamin supplement I could get that is like reptivite?

What i really recommend is the reptivite its all ive used. As far as dosing I use the repashy everyday EXCEPT once a week when i dust with the reptivite. I would say try some worms to get him to eat. Mine just got sick of things with legs for a while. Try silkworms and hornworms. For now to get some powder superworms and waxworms are usually readily available at petco. Those should really only be used as treats and to fatten him up, but if he's like mine he will eat the superworms and wax worms like candy. Try dusting a few of those. Judging by the size of your guy he can handle the large superworms. Try those to get him to eat. Seems like they get tired of legged food after a while. As far as getting silkworms and hornworms for a staple diet, try mulberry farms. They have a good line of feeders. Trust me on the worms, you dont really gutload them just let do what they do. The silkworms and hornworms tho do have a chow they eat. So you may have to buy that as well. In my opinion it is a good thing to have a large variety of stuff to offer your cham daily. I have silkworms, superworms, mealworms, crickets, red runner roaches, and waxworms. I'll have some dubais soon as well. Make sure that dripper is going for him as well, but it in a place where he can get to it and he knows its there but not to where its ALWAYS going to get him wet. Also the vet wouldn't be a bad idea, always good to have a blood test and fecal test done. Feel free to message me if you have any other questions I'm always glad to help with what i can!! Good luck, I hope this helps you! keep us posted!!!

I'm not sure....

Here's the board recommendations:

Plain calcium every day. If you can't find plain calcium, you can grind up cuttle bones that are sold for birds everywhere that pet supplies are sold (I can get them at my grocery store).

2x a month calcium with D3.

2x a month a multivitamin.

Do the math...if you have a multivitamin with D3, use that 2x a month and use plain calcium every day.

I personally recommend repashy all in one calcium plus.

It has everything, and you can dust it on ever feeding.

Rep Cal is a good product and comes highly recommended from many experienced keepers.

I personally recommend repashy all in one calcium plus.

It has everything, and you can dust it on ever feeding.

I also have the Repashy Calcium Plus. I bought it for my Leopard geckos but I only use it once every two weeks for my chameleons. It seems better formulated for Leopard geckos or nocturnal reptiles rather than diurnal reptiles such as chameleons that are exposed to moderate to high amounts of UVB.

Rep Cal is a good product and comes highly recommended from many experienced keepers.

I also have the Repashy Calcium Plus. I bought it for my Leopard geckos but I only use it once every two weeks for my chameleons. It seems better formulated for Leopard geckos or nocturnal reptiles rather than diurnal reptiles such as chameleons that are exposed to moderate to high amounts of UVB.

My chams have been on it for months. ANd they are doing better than ever.

THere are different versions of it.

Many members on here use it on every feed.

Back
Top Bottom