Help: hurt leg?

What was the dose you gave him? When my GF got home from work she said he was really black for a bit so I am assuming he might not like the meds either. Doesn't seem like he ate anything but she said he was moving around the tree some. He hasnt been basking though.

They calculate the med by weight.

When I told the vet that Twister was freaking out every time I gave him the dose of med, he told me to cut the dose in half and see how he reacted to that. At first I was giving him half doses each day and even that was too much for Twister's liking. The doses were already so small that I ended up giving him the half dose every other day and then every third day. He would be freaked out for a little while and then just grumpy for the rest of the day and next morning. He would just start acting closer to his old self and it would be time for more med! When we went to every three days, I could see that Twister's attitude was much better but he wouldn't move around hardly at all before time for the next dose.

It sucked. But the vet said it was for his comfort so we stuck with it for a while whenever he broke something (he had serious health issues).

I tried taking photos of his foot today while I had him out to give him his meds. He wasn't too happy about the camera
bb2bf78f.jpg

I got as best I could with the foot. The one toe does look a little more bent inward then his other foot did. There is a nail on it but short. It look like it might be growing a little crooked but I am not sure.
58289f93.jpg

8395d990.jpg

c05f9677.jpg

b36d0fc8.jpg

24da37af.jpg

This is the other side of the foot. Someone mentioned earlier it looked like there might be stuck shed. Is the the white part on the toe?
3f154c1a.jpg

After I took the photos this morning I put him under his basking spot. I came home for a bit about 5 hours later and he was still there. I got him to eat 5 superworms dusted with repashy but he wouldn't take crickets. I then misted his tank more and he climbed down to the middle of his tree while I did that.

How is he doing with the leg? Is he starting to use it more naturally?

I love that first picture in this set. He is so mad at you!!

Does it look like his foot is a bit dark? I'm wondering if he does, in fact, have a bit of a burn on that foot.

I'll try to look t color tomorrow. He doesn't seem to let it dangle anymore. And he uses it some when he walks. Next time I get to see him move in the tank(he still doesn't really do that much) I'll see if he still try's to favor it. When I have him out he uses it a lot but he hates being held so I don't really count that becuase he tries his best to get away even when it was really bad.

I like in the first pic that it looks like he is actually trying to hide his foot.

It didn't really seem like a different color at all. On the one toe on the other side of his foot it seems like stuck she's to me? Is there anything I can do about this? I tried lightly rubbing it off but nothing happened. And does the nail on that one toe look too long? Most of his nails are the same size but that one nail looks pretty long and one in his back foot
Is close to it.
54724d8a.jpg

He seems to be doing better but it still seems like he doesn't move around much if at all.

He seems to be doing a lot better now. We got him in a new setup
d0c9285c.jpg

He uses his foot fine. The one toe still looks to be bent differently ten the other foot but he has been using it and he has been eatting as well.
Once he got in the new enclosure his colors brightened up too
45a77864.jpg

2a455b01.jpg

He seems to be doing a lot better now. We got him in a new setup
d0c9285c.jpg

He uses his foot fine. The one toe still looks to be bent differently ten the other foot but he has been using it and he has been eatting as well.
Once he got in the new enclosure his colors brightened up too
45a77864.jpg

2a455b01.jpg

Yay! Kudos for all the work you've been putting in to get him back to health! Hope is back to 120% soon! :)

Back
Top Bottom