Help! Heating/UV Day and Night Lamp w/ mister for W:24in L:24in H:48in ReptiBreeze

KyKy

I have a Blue Panther Chameleon and I am struggling to keep her enclosure warm enough and high enough humidity. I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a set up for lighting/misting top that would work better for her size of enclosure.

What temps and humidity levels? For basking I use a dome fixture with a 60 watt incandescent bulb during the day (88 to 92 degrees at the basking site) and no lighting at night. The temperature drop at night is absolutely natural and lighting can prevent solid sleep patterns. For UVB I use a 22" Arcadia 12% (heavily planted enclosure) along with 22" 6500k plant bulbs. If you are struggling with humidity levels you could use a plastic shower curtain wrapped around three sides and see if that helps. What are you using for lighting?

As for misting I use a MistKing with two double nozzles a few times a day (Veiled chameleon).

Normally it sits at 70-75 fahrenheit degrees at anytime and the humidity is at 60% and I'm not sure about the lighting guys at the pet store just gave the stuff and it isn't working out

I have a Blue Panther Chameleon and I am struggling to keep her enclosure warm enough and high enough humidity. I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a set up for lighting/misting top that would work better for her size of enclosure.

I'd like to see a blue female.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
The humidity is okay, it could be a little higher but it's fine. For temp I suggest either a ceramic heat emitter or a spot bulb.

I cool way to raise humidity is just to use an ultrasonic fogger. On ebay they are about $8 with the adapter. The cheap ones don't have the adapter, get one that says it has one.

Back
Top Bottom