Help, Heat Bulb blow out!!

Isxbvlle

I was turning on my veiled’s lights this morning and realized that the heat bulb wasn’t turning on. The bulb that blew was an exoterra 50 watt heat bulb, and I don’t have any more spares. How long is my chameleon able to go without his basking light? I can stop after work today to pick a new bulb up, which is about 8 hours from now, and can use a ceramic heater (for reptiles) in the meantime.

I was turning on my veiled’s lights this morning and realized that the heat bulb wasn’t turning on. The bulb that blew was an exoterra 50 watt heat bulb, and I don’t have any more spares. How long is my chameleon able to go without his basking light? I can stop after work today to pick a new bulb up, which is about 8 hours from now, and can use a ceramic heater (for reptiles) in the meantime.
Should be fine for a day or two. Weather/cold snaps can happen anywhere in the world. We just went through an all-day power outage where our house temps dropped into the 60s. Everyone (chameleon, bearded dragon, baby tortoise) came through fine.

Use the household incandesents! All those reptile heat bulbs are junk..... and stupid expensive. Never had 1 last more than a few weeks. Amazon still has the 1s you want. Ive been keeping Panthers for close to 20 yrs now. For the past 6 months ive switched to the new carbon element deep heat lamp. My new juv. panther loves it.Curious to see how long it lasts. Even the household bulbs dont last like they used to, but you wont need a second job to keep your lizard warm

Use the household incandesents! All those reptile heat bulbs are junk..... and stupid expensive. Never had 1 last more than a few weeks. Amazon still has the 1s you want. Ive been keeping Panthers for close to 20 yrs now. For the past 6 months ive switched to the new carbon element deep heat lamp. My new juv. panther loves it.Curious to see how long it lasts. Even the household bulbs dont last like they used to, but you wont need a second job to keep your lizard warm
Thank you, and agreed they’re super expensive!!
Would you be able to send a link to the bulbs you order on amazon? There’s so many options that I’m not sure where to start at.

Thank you, and agreed they’re super expensive!!
Would you be able to send a link to the bulbs you order on amazon? There’s so many options that I’m not sure where to start at.
Can't post a link..........just pick the wattage you use Bemans bulbs look good. Never tried those. If he is getting a year per bulb.....those are with in reason at about 6 bucks per bulb. If my new lamp wont last 4 yrs .....im switching to those

Last edited:
Can't post a link..........just pick the wattage you use Bemans bulbs look good. Never tried those. If he is getting a year per bulb.....those are with in reason at about 6 bucks per bulb. If my new lamp wont last 4 yrs .....im switching to those
I have used them the last almost 4 years. Am on my 2nd bulb. :)

Back
Top Bottom