Help friends need info on raising female panther

MzLaurie11

Avid Member
Hi everyone, I am adopting the juvenile female panther and am flying her out to be a california girl in a couple of weeks. I have raised male veileds and have cage set up knowledge geared for vieleds. Other than a lay bin, is there any differences I need to aware of? I really need info on females as well. I am going to replicate my setup of 2x2x4 with 75 watt basking area,, 24" uvb, sansi plant light a nighttime fogger. I can get a spliitter for my fogger and a 12 hour timer. Daily dusting with d3 free calcium and vitamins and calcium w d3 once every two week. 80 degree basking area, 50% day humidity night 70%. Now tbis sweet girl has burns including one to her eye lid so a vet visit will be set before she gets here. Feeding is crickets and hormworms with meal and wax as treats. I know to have cages set up so they cant see each other. any tweeks to this for a female panther is most appreciated.

Females you will want to keep cooler, very low 80s and feed less. I feed my adults 3 times a week, 3 or so feeders, depending on the size. I also give my egg laying girls liquid calcium once a week and when they are gravid, at every feeding. After egg laying I give liquid calcium everyday for 3 or 4 days.

Thank you jann. I will get some more from the vet once she gets here. The top of her eyelid the part underneath looks bkack from sunburn which has me really worried. i cant have her shipped to me for two weeks but have already set an appointment for two and a half weeks and explained the situation. in the meantime i am setting up a cage and ordering stuff. I usually get 75 watt basking bulbs should i get 60?

Can anyone esimate age of this juvenike panther?
1663518594993.png

Do you have a temp gun? You will need whatever watt bulb that will get her temps in the low 80’s, 82 or 83. A 40 watt usually works for me but we don’t keep it real cold in our house. Since she’s had burns before, I’d be real careful about the heat light.

Can anyone esimate age of this juvenike panther?
View attachment 329001
I'm so happy you are giving her a home! The current owner (who rescued her from someone else) reached out to me multiple times to take her in, but I wasn't able to. I love a happy ending.

You've gotten a lot of great advice so far! I also agree that she is full grown. Here is my video on egg laying that answers a lot of the questions on the whole process:

Do you have a temp gun? You will need whatever watt bulb that will get her temps in the low 80’s, 82 or 83. A 40 watt usually works for me but we don’t keep it real cold in our house. Since she’s had burns before, I’d be real careful about the heat light.
I keep a temp gage at basking area level. I have found bulbs can run different temps so it best to have it there. I will get a basking light with a dimmer switch. She will be going to vet once she gets here so i will foubke chevk about that. Thsnks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom