help for a prospective Chameleon Owner

Im 13 and I´ve been doing a lot of research on chameleons and their keeping but I am overwhelmed with the different suggestions and recommendations for enclosures and supplies. Is there somewhere I can find a concise list of the most recommended items I need to get before I get my chameleon? I already got the reptibreeze xl is that the best for a chameleon or not?

Welcome to the forum!
This is a great place to learn! Glad you didn't get the chameleon kit so many people fall for buying!

Where do you live? What species of chameleon are you wanting to get? Male or female?

Check out the product guide on this website. It's divided into a few sections. https://caskabove.com/

Another great resource is Neptune the Chameleon on YouTube. She is a member on the forums here as well, and she has a ton of great videos for beginners and prospective owners. You can watch those based on what you need to learn and share with your mom too.

Is the reptibreeze xl a good choice for my soon to be cham
If it's 24 inches long by 24 inches wide by 48 inches tall, it's good! I think that's the measurements of the XL version. Chameleons are arboreal (means they live in trees) so they like to be up high and need tall cages.

I heard the reptisun t5 ho linear setup is good for the uvb. Also it is 24x24x48. Were planning on putting a lot of branches and foliage for it to hide and climb. My mom already has a hygrometer that she can track on her phone.
If it's 24 inches long by 24 inches wide by 48 inches tall, it's good! I think that's the measurements of the XL version. Chameleons are arboreal (means they live in trees) so they like to be up high and need tall caI heard ?

I heard the reptisun t5 ho linear setup is good for the uvb. Also it is 24x24x48. Were planning on putting a lot of branches and foliage for it to hide and climb. My mom already has a hygrometer that she can track on her phone.
Yes, the linear Reptisun T5 5.0 high output is what you want. You'll need to change it every 6-9 months unless you have a solarmeter to test the UVB output.

Keep asking questions and prepping! We love to help here on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom