Help, eye still closing

I posted prior to this "eye closed" and followed all the advice given. My panther has seen a vet and I have tried the vitamin a drop on a feeder 2xs. He is still closing the eye but eating and drinking as normal.

I'm not sure what to do. Vet said the eye was healthy and fecal was perfect. Should it be better by now? It's time to do the vitamin A again.

He has it open most of the time but its killing me that this is still happening. I dont want to see him go down hill. Are there any tests I should have done? Are there any other things that can cause this besides injury and Vit A deficiency? Please help!

Is this still your supplement schedule?

dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Rep. Calcium plus every feeding. Its 1yr old and expires 9/19. Keep it in cooler basement. Started this summer doing rep California with d-3 1x month and also rep calendar hertivite 1x month. Dont use the repashy in this day.

His feeders are dusted daily with repashy calcium plus. I have a feeding station and some get misted so they are not always dusted. I started the vitamin a drop on feeder 1x month. I bought the repashy vit a...used it 1x. Planned on using it 1x month. I was plan to switch up with the calcium and vit once the repashy is gone. It's been suggested to do this by vanilla gorilla I believe.

I don't recall from the thread two months ago, regular calcium plus or calcium plus lod?

I don't recall from the thread two months ago, regular calcium plus or calcium plus lod?
Calcium plus
20181212_132648.jpg

Give me a bit to read back through the original thread. I think you need to give him a week or two off that with some extra waterings to help flush his system to start.

Ok, so essentially your supplement schedule is the same with the addition of the vit a supplement added in now?

Ok, so essentially your supplement schedule is the same with the addition of the vit a supplement added in now?
I'm only using repashy, no other brands as before. Once I'm out of repashy I will do a few months with the reptivite and hertivite schedule along with vit a 1x month. Unless there is a better way. I use a mistking and do 15 minute cycles daily.

Ok, yeah if you're still using regular calcium plus daily and nothing else then take him off supplements for a week or two and give him some extra drinking opportunities to help flush his system during that time. When you restart supplements start with the plain ca each feeding, ca w/d3 (can use the calcium plus for this dusting) twice a month, reptivite without d3 twice a month and the vit a drop once a month.

I would start now yes. Let his system clear out a bit before doing any shots or supplements. Start with a week and see how he's looking but may need to give him two weeks off with the amount of calcium plus he's given. My mist schedule is the same every day, 10 min am, 1 min mid afternoon, 5 min pm. Some do mixed schedules but while you're trying to clear his system you want to offer more water to help flush the kidneys.

I would start now yes. Let his system clear out a bit before doing any shots or supplements. Start with a week and see how he's looking but may need to give him two weeks off with the amount of calcium plus he's given. My mist schedule is the same every day, 10 min am, 1 min mid afternoon, 5 min pm. Some do mixed schedules but while you're trying to clear his system you want to offer more water to help flush the kidneys.
It goes off for almost an hour a day 5 days a week and similar to yours the other 2. Thank you!

I'm personally moving away from repashy altogether. Have just a wee bit of my LoD left that I use once a month in place of ca w/d3. After that's gone I won't be buying more. I had issues my first couple of months keeping chams with gular edema which cleared up shortly after moving mine to sticky tongue farms and reptivite schedule. I do mix in repti cal occasionally for my males but keep my females soley on sticky tongue/ reptivite.

Back
Top Bottom