help deciding on enclosure

murrayrulz

I'm having difficulty deciding which way i want to go. Im looking to get a male panther soon and want to set up my vivarium first. Question is what way should I go?

Keep it simple and go with a 24x24x48 screened enclosure and keep some potted plants in there.

or

Go with the exo-terra 24x18x36 glass terrarium and setup a bioactive setup? While i would prefer this setup in my living room as I think it looks better. But I am worried about the small space for an adult male panther in there.

I would love to hear some opinions.

I only have one male panther and he is in a Large/X Tall Exo Terra screen enclosure 38x16x38with two big potted plants. I had difficulties at maintaining humidity level at first but now is good with humidifier. With such a huge screen cage, you will be more worried about humidity level, but with great air ventilation.

I am thinking of getting my second chameleon and may try glass ones.

Just my tiny experience and I want to see how others' answers too. But for what you mentioned the enclosure size may be a little small, especially the glass one, for an adult panther.

You want a MINIMUM of 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall enclosure, preferably screen. Zoo Med Reptibreezes are a good starter. If you want top of the line, go with Dragon Strand and buy their drainage system, too, or their deep substrate tray if the cage offers it. If you want big and bioactive and custom, build your own. I’m building 2 massive bioactive cages for my panthers and can link my thread if you want

You want a MINIMUM of 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall enclosure, preferably screen. Zoo Med Reptibreezes are a good starter. If you want top of the line, go with Dragon Strand and buy their drainage system, too, or their deep substrate tray if the cage offers it. If you want big and bioactive and custom, build your own. I’m building 2 massive bioactive cages for my panthers and can link my thread if you want
If you could link this thread that would be great! I tried looking for it, but no luck.
Thank you in advance!

As long as you have good soil, like abg mix, that’s deep enough, good plant lighting, plants, leaf litter, moss, isopods, and springtails, you should be good

Back
Top Bottom